I made these “everything” banana muffins in my jumbo muffin tin that my mom bought me, and they were giant and delicious! I added chocolate chips and coconut along with the banana, and they were a pleasant surprise while biting into these monster muffins. Definitely give these a try! Recipe behind the jump.
I had half a bag of these, so I figured I’d throw them in. I also had half a bag of shredded coconut, which is why I threw that in, too.
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 ripe large bananas, mashed well (about 1½ cups)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. With a rubber spatula, lightly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined and the batter is thick and chunky. (The important thing is not to over mix the batter). Fold in the coconut and chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared muffin tin and place slices of banana on top of the batter for garnish. Bake until muffins are golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes (25 minutes for jumbo muffins).