These are like Rice Krispie Treats, except made with Golden Grahams and they have chocolate chips sprinkled on top…which makes them taste exactly s’mores! My friend Angie gave me this idea and I’m so thankful that she did! Kramer took them to work today and I hope they’ll like them as much as we did. The best part about these is that it takes about 10 minutes total to make! Recipe after the jump.
All you need is a box of Golden Grahams, six tablespoons of butter, a bag and a half of marshmallows, and a bag of chocolate chips.
Melt the butter in a large pot.
Then dump in the marshmallows.
Until they’re melted, too.
Add the cereal.
And pour it into a greased or lined 9×13 inch pan.
Don’t forget to lick the spoon!
Then sprinkle the chocolate chips over top of all of that.
Then set the whole thing aside to let it cool completely (I put mine in the fridge because it’s 110 degrees outside here in AZ).
Don’t you want one?
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1½ bags marshmallows
- 1 box Golden Grahams
- 1 bag milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt the butter in a large pot.
- Pour the marshmallows into the pot with the melted butter and stir until they're completely melted.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the box of cereal. Pour the whole mixture into a greased or lined 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over top of the cereal mixture (use as little or as much as you like). Set aside and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares (or refrigerate until cooled).