Simple S’mores

These are like Rice Krispie Treats, except made with Golden Grahams and they have chocolate chips sprinkled on top…which makes them taste exactly s’mores! My friend Angie gave me this idea and I’m so thankful that she did! Kramer took them to work today and I hope they’ll like them as much as we did. The best part about these is that it takes about 10 minutes total to make! Recipe after the jump.

Simple S'mores
All you need is a box of Golden Grahams, six tablespoons of butter, a bag and a half of marshmallows, and a bag of chocolate chips.

Simple S'mores
Melt the butter in a large pot.

Simple S'mores
Then dump in the marshmallows.

Simple S'mores
Until they’re melted, too.

Simple S'mores
Add the cereal.

Simple S'mores
And pour it into a greased or lined 9×13 inch pan.

Simple S'mores
Don’t forget to lick the spoon!

Simple S'mores
Then sprinkle the chocolate chips over top of all of that.

Simple S'mores
Then set the whole thing aside to let it cool completely (I put mine in the fridge because it’s 110 degrees outside here in AZ).

Simple S'moresSimple S'mores
Don’t you want one?

Simple S'mores
Serves: 25-30 bars

• 6 tablespoons butter
  • 1½ bags marshmallows
  • 1 box Golden Grahams
  • 1 bag milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
  1. Melt the butter in a large pot.
  2. Pour the marshmallows into the pot with the melted butter and stir until they're completely melted.
  3. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the box of cereal. Pour the whole mixture into a greased or lined 9x13 inch pan.
  4. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over top of the cereal mixture (use as little or as much as you like). Set aside and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares (or refrigerate until cooled).

1. boyd says:

yes. i want one.

2. Katy says:

Oh my god, I’m going to die from all the yumminess. I’ve been craving something like this all day. Going to make some of these tomorrow.

3. Cathy says:

What a great and simple treat. This is a good one for ones with smaller hands to help out with.
    I am with you heat wise we are pushing about the same here as you are… Stay cool 😉
    Cheers
    Cathy

4. rivka says:

THAT LOOKS AMAZING!

5. Ingrid says:

Guess what I’m making tonight? Simple S’mores (Treats)!
    Thanks so much for the (I’m sure) yummy recipe. Marshmallows make everything better don’t you think?
    I’m still looking around….just found your blog via BakingBites. So, I may yet find a few more recipes that call for me to get to baking and cooking!
    Ingrid

6. A says:

Those look so good. I am making these for my trip this weekend. :)

7. Ingrid says:

Hello,
    As I mentioned in an earlier comment…I ran to the grocery store and whipped up a batch of these for my son’s baseball. They look and smell so YUMMY! I haven’t actually tried one yet but I will as soon as I cut them up this evening for the boys.
    I hope you don’t mind but I’m going to add you to my blog list. And I’m going to post pictures (of the one I made) and a link to this recipe this evening.
    Thanks!
    Ingrid

8. I hope to make these s’more treats tomorrow. I made the sandwich cookies on Thursday to bring to a friend’s party, and they were delicious!

9. Krystle says:

My mom made these bars this past weekend for my bridal shower, and all I can say is… AWESOME!
    Your blog is awesome! My mom is actually making the meatloaf tonight… :) Keep it up!

10. jamie martin says:

My girlfriend made these for my birthday and they’re pretty amazing/

11. sharon says:

I just licked my screen. Gross, huh?

12. vicki says:

I love the other S’mores recipe but I don’t think I can find the marshmallow cream here. I will try this recipe if I can’t find it.

13. Katie says:

cool blog, just found it …
    I make a similar recipe, except this mixture goes over freshly baked brownies. Overkill, yes, and totally worth the try 😉

14. Bob says:

I wish I could download one right now. Why haven’t they made advances in that area?