This is my new favorite brownie recipe and it’s from Weevalicious Recipes. It’s so simple and you only need one bowl to make them! These brownies are rich, fudgey, chocolatey, and delicious. They’re even better with vanilla ice cream! Recipe after the jump.
Few, simple ingredients.
Combine the sugar, melted butter, and vanilla in a bowl and beat until smooth.
Beat in the eggs one at a time.
Add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt and beat until just moistened.
I added about 1/2 cup shredded coconut and some sprinkles to mine (which I should have added more of because you could barely tell they were there), but chocolate chips, nuts, or any other extras you want to add will work, too. But you don’t have to add anything because these are great on their own!
Spread the batter in a greased or lined 9×13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool in the pan before cutting.
The coconut added a little something extra to these already terrific brownies! You can dust them with powdered sugar, frost them, or leave them plain.
Or you can eat them with vanilla ice cream!
- 1½ cups (3 sticks) butter, melted
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- nuts, chocolate chips, or other additions to mix in (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, blend melted butter, sugar and vanilla until combined. Beat in eggs one at a time until combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa, and salt and mix until smooth. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan (I baked mine for 40 minutes). Let brownies cool, then cut into squares.