I got this recipe from Visions of Sugar Plum and it is the best peanut butter cookie I’ve ever tasted! I’m sending them into work with Kramer tomorrow and I hope they love these cookies as much as we did. They’ve got a peanut butter filling inside of a peanut butter cookie, rolled in cinnamon, sugar, and chopped nuts. Can you think of anything better? Recipe after the jump!
The honey is the best part about these cookies.
Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
Beat together the butter, sugars, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla.
Until it looks like that.
Beat in the eggs one at a time.
Then add in your dry ingredients, slowly, until thoroughly combined.
Put the dough in the freezer while you finish up making the filling and the chopped nuts mixture.
Beat together peanut butter, powdered sugar, and honey.
Until it’s smooth.
Roughly chop up the nuts.
And combine with cinnamon and sugar.
Roll the cookie dough into balls, flatten those, then roll the peanut butter filling into smaller balls, and roll the cookie dough around that so the filling is completely enclosed.
And roll the cookie dough in the chopped nuts mixture.
Bake at 375 degrees F for about 13 minutes or until the tops are set.
Check out the insides of these!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup chunky peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅔ cup finely chopped honey roasted peanuts (or any mixture of nuts - I used salted walnuts, almond, peanuts, cashews, and hazelnuts)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and honey, until creamy (about 1-2 minutes).
- Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined. Gradually beat in flour until well combined. Place dough in freezer for 15 minutes, stir, and freeze for an additional 15 minutes (I just put mine in the freezer for as long as it took me to make the filling and coating).
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling: Sift confectioners' sugar into a medium sized mixing bowl. Beat confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, and honey until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large sheet pan with cooking spray or line it.
- Make the coating by stirring together nuts, sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl, until well combined.
- Remove bowl from freezer. Take each piece of dough, roll into a ball and then flatten with your hand, place a peanut butter ball in the center, and wrap dough around ball. Roll ball in your hands to shape better. Roll balls in nut mixture, to coat completely; place on prepared sheet pan. Coat the bottom of a glass with cooking spray and flatten cookies. Don't flatten too much, though!
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 13-15 minutes, or until edges of cookies are golden brown. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheets.