Movie Munch

This is the stuff of the gods! It’s seriously so freakin’ good. I got the recipe from Kitchen Klique and a million thank yous to her for this recipe! Kramer and my brothers gave this white chocolate, peanut butter, popcorn, and M&M mixture an A+, so check out the recipe after the jump.

Movie Munch
Pretty simple ingredients.

Movie Munch
Pop your popcorn and set it aside so it cools off.

Movie Munch
Melt the white chocolate chips and peanut butter in the microwave.

Movie Munch
Mix it up.

Movie Munch
Put the popcorn in a large bowl.

Movie Munch
And add a cup of Cheerios or whatever cereal you want to use.

Movie Munch
Then add the chocolate and peanut butter mixture and toss to coat everything well.

Movie Munch
Then add your M&Ms and mix it all together.

Movie Munch
Spread the mixture out on a lined baking sheet and put in the fridge to cool for an hour or so.

Movie MunchMovie Munch
You won’t be able to put this stuff down! Make sure you store it in the fridge, though, or else it’ll get melty.

Movie Munch
Serves: 6-8 servings

• 1 bag microwave buttered popcorn
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter
  • 1 (12 oz) package white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup Cheerios (you can use Coco Krispies, Rice Krispies, or any other cereal)
  • ⅔ cup M&Ms (or whatever candy you like)
  1. Microwave the bag of buttered popcorn and set aside to cool.
  2. In a bowl, microwave the peanut butter and package of white chocolate chips until smooth (in 30 second increments).
  3. Take popcorn out of bag by hand, so you don't get any unpopped kernels, and put in a large mixing bowl. Add Cheerios to popcorn and mix. Slowly pour in the melted chips and peanut butter and mix into the bowl until it's all coated.
  4. Add M&Ms or candy of choice. Spread mixture onto waxed paper on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for about an hour.
  5. Break popcorn up into clusters and serve in a big bowl. Store in the fridge so it doesn't get to melty.
Adapted From

1. Katy says:

Wow. That looks amazing.

2. Lindsay says:

This looks SO good! thanks for posting these on LJ otherwise I would never know your recipe goodness!

3. Ingrid says:

Oh, boy that looks YUMMY! I have all the ingredients…guess what we’re snacking on tonight?

4. Ok that is just fun!! The best part is that these are items that I already have in the pantry – How fun is this on movie night 😉

5. Your pictures do it so much more justice then mine! Thanks for the link and I’m glad you loved it as much as my family does! It’s a great summer dessert that doesn’t heat up the kitchen!! Thanks again!!!

6. buildingababy says:

I want some of that right now!!

7. Susan says:

I also found this recipe and made it and it is beyond delish…

8. […] they are; they look like they’re almost fun to eat! I had M&Ms leftover from when I made Movie Munch, so I figured the only logical thing to do with them would be to make cookies. I brought them into […]

9. Michele says:

I am going to see a friend who has been sick and this is exactly what I am bringing her. Who wouldn’t feel better with a nice bowl of this in her lap and a good movie?

10. Jodie says:

My husband would love this! Only thing is I’m not a fan of white chocolate, is it overwhelming?

11. thecrepesofwrath says:

I don’t think it’s too overwhelming at all, but you can use butterscotch chips or chocolate chips, too!

12. Patti says:

Ohhh whoa…this looks absolutely amazing!!! I have a friend who loves making “puppy chow”, and this seems like a cousin to that addictive sweet snack mix. I’ll have to make this for her (and me) to enjoy. :)

13. Cynthia says:

Oh we make a similar recipe… we make the peanut butter/white chocolate mixture, then we stir it into the popcorn along with almonds (sliced, chopped.. whatever), rice chex and dried cherried or cranberries. Sooooo yummy!

14. Kristy says:

Going to try this tonight… when you said it’s ‘the stuff of gods’ I knew I had to try it. :)

15. Karen says:

I made this for a party this weekend, only i added a cup of pretzel goldfish along with the cheerioes. It was a huge hit. It was dubbed “Crack popcorn.” thank you for the recipe!

16. sami says:

i made this for some friends at the weekend, and every single one of them LOVED it, such a brilliant recipe! only we left out the peanut butter, since i’m not a big fan of it – still tasted amazing! ;D
    we’re going to make it again this weekend!
    thanks a bunch!

17. […] giant bowl of Movie Munch. Recipe courtesy of the fabulous Crepes of […]

18. D says:

I made this tonight but with semi sweet chocolate chunks because the store I went to was out of the white chocolate chips. It was delicious! I also stirred in some graham cracker bits and some flaked coconut. Wonderful.

19. […] recipe for this month’s chocolatey monstrosity can be found at Crepes Of Wrath . I had to use semi-sweet chocolate chunks instead of white chocolate morsels because the store was […]