This was a wonderful recipe from My Kitchen Snippets. Kramer event commented on how much he liked it. The next time I make this, I think I’ll grill it, but either way I can’t wait to make this again! It’s spicy and sweet and perfect for summer. Recipe after the jump.
The ingredients for the chicken marinade.
Put your chicken, garlic powder, paprika, lemon pepper, red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in a Ziploc bag, make sure it’s sealed, and shake it up to coat the chicken thoroughly.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, then place on a baking tray in a 400 degree F oven for 40-60 minutes or until 165 degrees F (while you prepare the sauce).
Grate your orange zest.
Add your honey and orange juice (along with the zest) in a medium-small sauce pan.
Add the ground coriander and soy sauce and cook until reduced to half.
Finely chop some mint.
And add it to the sauce.
Take the chicken out of the oven.
Cover the chicken with some of the sauce.
I served this with broccoli because I’m boring, haha. The chicken was delicious, though!
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of lemon salt
- ½ tsp of pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of orange zest
- ½ cup of orange juice
- ¼ of water
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- ¼ tsp of coriander powder
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch + 2 tbsp of water
- About 1 teaspoon finely chopped mint
- Clean the chicken and remove skin or any access fat.
- In a Ziploc bag, combine all of the marinade ingredients and marinate for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Line a baking pan with some aluminium foil and brush it with some oil. Line the chicken on the pan and bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and at least 165 degrees F when inserted with a meat thermometer (flip the breasts after they've been cooking for 20 minutes).
- To prepare the dipping sauce combined all the ingredients except the cornstarch in a small saucepan and bring to boil. Cook until the sauce reduce to half and add in the cornstarch solutions for thickening. Bring to boil and remove from heat.
- Add in the chopped mint.
- To serve you can either brush the chicken with the dipping sauce or just serve it on the side.