I got this amazing idea from Clumbsy Cookie! The moment I saw this recipe, I knew I had to make it! I love pistachio desserts. Kramer said he didn’t like pistachios until he tried these brownies (or “greenies”). Morgan and Dane gave them a thumbs-up as well. The almond extract gives these a great flavor, and the salty pistachios go really well with the white chocolate. I added marshmallows on top because I thought it would be tasty and it was! Kramer also said that he didn’t like marshmallows in dessert until he tried these brownies! Everyone will be impressed and delighted with this special treat! Recipe after the jump.
Grind up the shelled pistachios in a blender or a food processor.
Melt the white chocolate.
And the butter.
Add the sugar and the almond extract to the butter and white chocolate, and beat until combined.
Then beat in the eggs, one by one.
Combine the flour, pistachios, and salt in the same food processor/blender or in a bowl.
Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until just moistened.
Now add your marshmallows, whole pistachios, and food coloring, if you’re using them.
Pour the batter into a lined or greased 9×13 pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes in a 350 degree F oven.
Look at that goodness.
Allow to cool before cutting.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup ground, shelled pistachios (in the food processor or blender)
- 1 stick of butter
- 8 oz. white chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cup marshmallows
- A few drops green food coloring (optional)
- A handful whole toasted pistachios (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave or in a sauce pan. Be careful because white chocolate burns very easily, so make sure you check it often.
- Once melted add the sugar and almond extract and mix well, then add the eggs, one by one.
- Combine the flour, salt and pistachios and mix in, just until it’s all incorporated.
- Now add your marshmallows and mix them in. You can also add your pistachios and food coloring if you've got them.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until done but still moist in the center (a toothpick should come out clean).