Butterfinger Blondies

• ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ¾ cup butter, softened
  • 2¼ cup packed brown sugar
  • 3 large eggs, room temperature
  • 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 5 regular-sized Butterfinger candy bars, crushed
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour or line a 9x13 inch baking pan.
  2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
  3. In a medium bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, combine butter and brown sugar for about 3 minutes.
  4. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
  5. Stir in flour mixture and 2 cups of crushed butterfingers.
  6. Spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining crushed butterfinger bars over top of batter.
  7. Bake 30- 35 minutes, or until the bars are a bit firm to the touch. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Adapted From

Who doesn’t love a Butterfinger? I think they may have been one of my favorite things to get during Halloween. The only bad part was having to get all of the crunchy peanut butter candy out of your teeth! What was your favorite candy to get on Halloween?

Either way, these were absolutely delectable, and I’ll tell you why: lots of butter, brown sugar, and crushed up Butterfinger candy bars! Kramer’s favorite candy are Butterfingers, so whenever I run across a recipe that uses them, I just have to make it (thank you Recipe Girl!) Either way, you can imagine how good these are with melted Butterfingers in the middle! You need to make these soon! Recipe after the jump.

Butterfinger Blondies
Combine your flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.

Butterfinger Blondies
Beat together your butter and brown sugar for at least 3 minutes.

Butterfinger BlondiesButterfinger Blondies
Beat in the eggs and vanilla.

Butterfinger Blondies
Crush up your candy bars in a Ziploc bag.

Butterfinger Blondies
Gradually add your flour and then add the Butterfingers.

Butterfinger Blondies
Spread the batter into your pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.

Butterfinger Blondies
Allow to cool before cutting.

Butterfinger Blondies
These are irresistible!

Butterfinger Blondies

1. Ingrid says:

I’ve never had a butterfinger! These look like the perfect reason to give them a try…..YUM!
    ~Ingrid

2. thecrepesofwrath says:

Oh my gosh, I can’t believe you’ve never had a Butterfinger! That should be your only concern today: seeking out and eating a Butterfinger.

3. Pumpkin says:

Gahh! You’re the devil! I think I gained weight looking at these…
    Have you ever had a Chick-o-stick? It’s a weird old-timey candy, like the inside of a Butterfinger covered in toasted coconut. So good.
    (I love your blog- I added you to my blogroll!)

4. sarah says:

I have a feeling I will be making these soon! They look delicious.

5. Erin says:

Mmmmm…I might have to try this one…

6. Lindsey says:

I have way too many favorite halloween candies to list (and I became an expert at bartering to get more of what I liked), but boy do I love butterfingers. This recipe looks super easy, I might just have to try it!

7. Stacey says:

Those look great. I am for sure going to save this recipe!

8. Katy says:

We can’t get Butterfingers over here. Its a good job because I’m currently trying to eat my monitor so I have no idea what I’d be like if I could actually make them!

9. RecipeGirl says:

GREAT pictures of those delicious treats. We loved these and I’m glad you did too!

10. gretakiki says:

I love your blog! Just got here through a stumble.
    My fave was Reese Peanut Butter Cups.
    I’m tweeting your cool blog name right now!
    Kiki

11. BW says:

These look so sweet my teeth are hurting!
    Love the pics!

12. Donna says:

Made these last night!! The worst part was not eating all the crushed Butterfingers! I liked them because they were so easy. I did sprinkle some left over choc. chips on top. Everyone loved them, I’m taking the rest to work today, they are too dangerous to have in the house!
    Love you, Auntie Donna

13. Ingrid says:

Hi,
    I made these last night. I still didn’t try the butterfinger candy on it’s own but it tasted divine in the blondie. I’m not a candy bar person, I don’t care for milk chocolate.
    I noticed in your photos that the blondies were on the moist side. I initially baked them for 30 min but they were really jigglely in the middle so I left them in for another 5 mins. Because my edges were getting dark (& crunchy) I took them out but when I cut into them they were still pretty moist not runny or anything just moist. Also, did yours sink quite a bit? Just wondering if I messed up. With all that said the kids were thrilled with the blondies! We liked the carmelized bits of candy bar, nice surprise. Also, I sprinkled quite a bit of candy bar on top so mine are crusty.

14. Kevin says:

Those look so moist and good!

15. Bianca says:

I’m Australian and have no idea what butterfingers are, but these look delicious! What other chocolate bar could I substitute?

16. Nancy says:

Just discovered. Looks delicious. I want to try this at home. Thanks for posting.

17. thecrepesofwrath says:

Bianca: They are delicious, haha! Thank you. :) Hmm…maybe toffee crisp? I don’t know if you have those in Australia but I’ve had them in England and Canada and I think they’re sort of similar. Anything crunchy and flaky with a chocolate coating will do the trick!