These are one of Kramer’s favorite cookies, and it seems that everyone else enjoys them just as much. The peanut butter chips melt in the cookie and give it just the right about of peanut butter goodness without being dry. The texture of the oatmeal adds to it as well, and I couldn’t help but sprinkle some turbinado sugar on top of them. I’ve always used the Quaker Oats oatmeal cookie recipe as my base, save for a few adjustments. I always use cinnamon and nutmeg, though. Peanut butter goes really well with cinnamon! I promise.
I’ve always had good luck making oatmeal cookies! And you will too. Recipe after the jump.
Mix together your flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
Beat together your sugars and butter until light and fluffy, at least 4 minutes.
Add your eggs, one at a time, followed by your vanilla. Slowly add your dry ingredients until just moistened.
Stir in your oats.
Then your peanut butter chips.
Drop by spoonfuls onto a lined and/or greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, or until set and golden brown.
Allow to cool a bit on the sheets before removing to cool elsewhere.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (old fashioned - NOT instant)
- 1 package peanut butter chips
- turbinado sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, at least 4 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla and beat well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat together until just moistened. Stir in your oats, then stir in your peanut butter chips.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto greased and/or lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle each cookie with turbinado sugar, if you like.
- Bake the cookies 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool for a bit on the cookie sheets before transferring elsewhere to cool. Makes 15-20 cookies, depending on how big you make them.