I made this cake for Kramer’s office yesterday and I really liked it! Normally I don’t get a chance to taste cakes that I make for his office (it’s not very nice to send a cake with a slice taken out of it!), but I met him for lunch that day and got a chance to try this one! The cinnamon really went well with the pineapple and lemon flavor. It was dense, moist, and slightly sweet. This is perfect to have for breakfast or as a light desert. I really liked this because it’s an unexpected treat for winter time. Recipe after the jump!
Round up your ingredients.
Combine the flour and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
Beat the butter and sugar together well until light and fluffy (about 3-5 minutes).
Add the cinnamon and salt, then beat in the eggs then egg whites one by one, combining well. Beat in the lemon extract until batter is fluffy.
Stir in the pineapple.
Spread the batter into your prepared 10 inch bundt pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Remove just when golden.
When the cake is cooled, make your lemon drizzle icing by whisking together powdered sugar, milk, and lemon extract.
Make sure it’s thick, but still thin enough to pour over the cake with a spoon.
- 2⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon + ½ teaspoon milk
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10 inch bundt cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy (at least 3 minutes, preferably 5 minutes). Add the cinnamon and salt, then beat in the eggs and egg whites one at a time. Then add the lemon extract and beat together until fluffy.
- In another bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Slowly, combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Stir in the pineapple. Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan and spread flat.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan (I like to put the bundt pan on top of a wire cooling rack so the air can circulate).
- For the glaze, get a small bowl. Sift the powdered sugar into it, then add the milk and lemon extract. If needed, add in small drops of milk ¼ to ½ teaspoon at a time. Drizzle over cake with a spoon or a Ziploc bag with the tip cut off.