Snickerdoodle Blondies

There have been a lot of snickerdoodle blondie recipes floating around recently, but I thought that the ones from
Dozen Flours looked the best. And I’m sure they are! These were fantastic and were eaten up immediately. They’re soft and chewy on the inside with a crunchy cinnamon-sugar topping. I’m going to make these again soon, especially because there are no special ingredients involved, just the basics and some cinnamon and sugar. Recipe after the jump, as always.

Snickerdoodle Blondies
Your ingredients. Simple, see?

Snickerdoodle Blondies
Combine your flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.

Snickerdoodle Blondies
I used fresh nutmeg for the first time and I loved it. It wasn’t as strong as ground nutmeg, so it was a much more subtle flavor and I liked the flavor a lot more.

Snickerdoodle Blondies
Beat together your butter and sugar.

Snickerdoodle Blondies
Beat in your eggs and vanilla.

Snickerdoodle Blondies
Mix in the flour until just combined and spread into a greased and/or lined 9×13 pan. Sprinkle the top with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. I also sprinkled mine with a bit of turbinado sugar.

Snickerdoodle Blondies
Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F or until golden and set.

Snickerdoodle Blondies
Allow to cool before cutting.

Snickerdoodle Blondies

Snickerdoodle Blondies
Serves: 20-24 bars

• 2⅔ cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup butter, room temperature
  • 2 eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • a pinch nutmeg
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and/or line a 9x13 inch pan. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and set aside.
  2. In large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, and beat until smooth.
  3. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan (mixture will be somewhat cookiebatter-ish, so it's best to spread it out with a greased spatula or your hands). Combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
  4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool before cutting. Makes 20-24 bars.
Adapted From
adapted from Dozen Flours

1. Pearl says:

wow! you are always so creative and making new treats/dishes! :) i have a question though: i’ve never ever had a snickerdoodle in my life… what do they taste like?

2. I keep seeing these in the blogosphere and am dying to make them. I only wish they look as good as yours!!!

3. Maria says:

Wow these are simple and yummy! I’ve made Snickerdoodle Cookies but have never heard of a blondie version. I’m book-marking them to make at a later date.
    Maria
    x

4. oneordinaryday says:

These look so good! I’m definitely putting them on my to-bake list. Thanks for passing them along.
    Michelle

5. ingrid says:

Yay, you did it! I’ve made these more times than I can count. (I’m semi-famous for them around here) Julia’s recipe is fantastic and I actually just recently tried Peabody’s, very good but not as good.
    I think it hilarious that people have been commenting that they just recently saw these. Just goes to show if you are “in” no matter what you make it will suddenly be the new hot thing despite the fact that it is not new.

6. ingrid says:

Oh, I meant to tell you that these travel well, so how about sending me some. :-)
    Great photos…..how come yours turned out so nice?

7. Elyse says:

Your snickerdoodle blondies came out great! I just loved them, and I can’t wait to try another recipe for them. Mmmm…these flavors are so yummy and comforting. Great pictures!

8. WOW looks great and your timing is perfect as I need to make dessert for a gathering Wed night – Thanks :)

9. These look delicious! I may have just picked out what I’m making for dessert this week!

10. Julia says:

Thank you for the very thoughtful “shout out” regarding my Snickerdoodle Bars. I first made these almost two years ago and no one really noticed them. They are so easy to make and they don’t require any fancy ingredients. I love the idea of using fresh nutmeg! I am not a huge nutmeg fan but since you said that the flavor was less intense when you grated it yourself, you’ve given an incentive to try it.
    Thanks so much. Great photos too!

11. Jen says:

YUM!!!! These look amazing!

12. kim says:

these look so good! i can’t wait to try them out. thanks for the recipe!

13. kim says:

these look so good! i can’t wait to try them out, since snickerdoodles are one of my top 3 favorite cookies. thanks for the recipe!

14. ovenhaven says:

Snickerdoodles + blondies? Amazing. I need to give this a try the soonest! Thanks for sharing :)

15. Carly says:

This sounds AMAZING. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe! :)

16. Jen T. says:

Wow, I made Snickerdoodle Blondies this weekend, too! I used Peabody’s recipe, and they were delicious but didn’t look quite as pretty as yours do. They got really puffy and pretty, but then deflated a ton when they came out of the oven. Maybe I’ll try your/Julia’s recipe in the next week or two and see which I like better.

17. deanna says:

These look wonderful! Thank you so much for this post! :-)

18. [...] Snickerdoodle Blondies There have been a lot of snickerdoodle blondie recipes floating around recently, but I thought that the ones [...] [...]

19. Jenn says:

I am making these tonight, I can not wait to eat one! I have been looking for a recipe like this besides Peabodys, this one is nice and simple, yea!

20. [...] for dang sure.  These are rot-your-teeth sweet with sugar and are NOT for the faint at heart!  Go here for the recipe from The Crepes of Wrath. The fudgy-ness of a brownie with the spicy-ness of a [...]

21. [...] admire, and tempt you to make something good as well. A couple days ago, I spotted a recipe for Snickerdoodle Blondies, and both the idea and the picture drew me in. So I made them. They turned out pretty good. [...]

22. Sarena says:

I also made these from Dozen Flours. We loved them here too! I like that you show it step by step.

23. [...] cookies is their cinnamon-sugar coating. Likewise, it is the cinnamon-sugar topping that sets the Snickerdoodle Blondies at The Crepes of Wrath apart from regular blondies. The bars are basically made with a sugar cookie [...]

24. amyella says:

wow. I am normally a chocolate girl – all things chocolate. I made these tonight for a friend who’s favorite cookie is the snickerdoodle and holy cow – these are outrageously good!!

25. [...] know what else to say. Just wow. Also, thank the heavens for cheat meals. I got this recipe here. I am normally a chocolate girl – all things chocolate! Don’t waste dessert calories unless [...]

26. Kevin says:

Snickerdoodle blondies are a great idea! They look really good!

27. holly may says:

YUUUUM!!!!!!! i just made this, and wow, this recipe did not disappoint. they came out more of a “coffee-cake” type texture rather than what i think of as a blondie. whatever you call them, they are amazing :)
    to spread them out i ended up plopping the dough in the pan, then spraying a piece of wax paper with non-stick spray, laying it on top, then taking another 9 x 13 pan and pushing down on top of the blondies. worked perfectly, better than continuing my battle with the batter to spread it out evenly with a spatula :)
    thanks for this very much!

28. Alexandra says:

I just made these for my sunday school class this morning; they were a big hit. I used 1/2 cup dark brown sugar and 1 cup light brown sugar and got a denser cake-like outcome, but it was equally delicious!
    Thanks for sharing :)

29. Kathy says:

These are seriously good! Thank you so much for bringing this wonderful recipe to my attention!

30. [...] — thecookingnurse @ 12:15 pm I have been craving snickerdoodles lately, and when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try [...]

31. [...] for dinner before she takes off for Indonesia for 2 weeks. After drooling over the pictures of Snickerdoodle Blondies for a week, I, the person who hardly ever cooks let alone bake, decided to give it a [...]

32. Yoonie says:

I don’t have an egg beater! Is it possible to make this recipe without one?

33. Yoonie says:

oh sorry I meant MIXER!

34. greenteabaileys says:

hi!i’ve been following your blog for a while and i love it.just want to share that i modified this recipe, left out the cinnamon and nutmeg and added 3 quarter tbspn of peppermint extract,one cup of chocolate chips and half a cup of white chocolate for peppermint chocolate blondies and topped it with white chocolate frosting.and it was great!thanks for the recipe(:

35. Karee says:

I made these tonight and they are sooooo delicious. Thanks.

36. [...] good, and in my sweet tooth craving mood tonight, I picked out two recipes I want to bake sometime: Snickerdoodle Blondies and S’more Cookie Bars.  I’ll let you know how they turn out if and when I make [...]

37. Jen T. says:

So I finally made these, and I think I like them a bit better than Peabody’s, mainly just because they ended up prettier and didn’t require sour cream (I didn’t mind the taste of the sour cream when baked, but since I don’t usually care for it, I don’t usually have it around). However, when I buttered my pan, I sprinkled it with cinnamon-sugar so that it’s all over the blondie, and I love that part of it! You might try it if you make these again, it makes it seem more snickerdoodle-y! Wonderful work, as usual!

38. mike says:

I have been wanting to make these for weeks and I finally did last night. They are DELISH. :-)
    I used dark brown sugar, and my batter came out significantly darker, so mine are kind of more snickerdoodle brownies I guess, but they are heavenly. Definitely a keeper!

39. sweetie says:

thanks for posting these! they’re wonderful. i halved the recipe and bake it in round pans as seen here: http://superfinespot.blogspot.com/2009/05/blondie.html

40. [...] or blondies? Snickerdoodle Blondies, naturally! I adapted/veganized this recipe from Sydney over at The Crepes of Wrath, and it is supremely delicious (and a ton of her other baked goodies look delicious that I want to [...]

41. [...] On the dessert front, I made Snickerdoodle Blondies and Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Neither blew us away, but both were certainly [...]

42. Veronica says:

Such a simple, easy recipe and one of the best things I have ever made!

43. Elizabeth says:

This is great~

44. thecrepesofwrath says:

Pearl: They’re great! They’re cinnamon sugar cookies; simple and hard not to love!

45. thecrepesofwrath says:

Yoonie: I’m not sure what you mean by an egg beater?

46. thecrepesofwrath says:

Yoonie: You definitely need something to beat together the sugar and butter. If you know how to do that without a mixer and/or you’ve done it before, then go for it! If not, you’re looking at a lot of hard work!