Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars

These are ooey, gooey, crunchy, and delicious! They’re from one of my favorite blogs, The Homesteading Housewife and they’re probably the most simple thing I’ve made in a while. All you need is peanut butter, honey, sugar, and Cheerios! It’s that easy. I used half chunky peanut butter and half creamy, as well as half regular Cheerios and half Honey Nut Cheerios. These taste identical to those “breakfast bars” that you can buy pre-packaged at the grocery store. I think I need to try making a “milk” topping (aka frosting) the next time I make these to perfect the breakfast bar idea. Either way, I put these out when we had people over and they were gone by the time the night was finished. I definitely recommend making these! Recipe after the jump.

Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars
All that you need.

Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars
Spray a small sauce pan with Pam and combine your honey and sugar.

Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars
Bring the mixture to a boil and make sure that all of the sugar is dissolved.

Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars
Add your peanut butter and remove the pan from the heat. Stir to melt the peanut butter in with the honey and sugar.

Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars
Place your Cheerios in a large mixing bowl, and pour the peanut butter-honey mixture over them. Stir to incorporate thoroughly.

Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars
Spread into a greased 9×13 pan and press down with a greased spoon (I usually spray mine with Pam) to make everything as smooth and even as possible.

Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars
Allow to cool completely before cutting.

Peanut Butter Cheerios BarsPeanut Butter Cheerios Bars

5.0 from 1 reviews
Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars
Serves: 16-20 bars

• 1 cup crunchy or smooth peanut butter (I used ½ cup crunchy, ½ smooth, but I think that I would use just crunchy next time)
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup honey
  • 6 cups Cheerios cereal (I used 3 cups Cheerios and 3 cups Honey Nut Cheerios)
  1. Grease and/or line a 9x13 pan and set aside. In a small sauce pan sprayed with Pam, bring the honey and sugar to a boil over medium heat. As soon as the sugar is dissolved, remove the pan from the heat.
  2. Stir in the peanut butter until well blended and melted.
  3. Place your Cheerios in a large mixing bowl and pour the peanut butter-honey mixture over the cereal, stirring until everything is well coated.
  4. Spray a wooden spoon with Pam and pour/spread the cereal into your prepared pan, pressing down to make sure everything is smooth and even. Set aside and allow to cool before slicing into squares.

1. Great Job!!
    Now…. I need to learn to take pictures as good as yours! :)

2. Nicole says:

Genius! I’m making these!

3. Sarah says:

Great combination! Cheerios, honey, pb. Yum

4. Pearl says:

Oh my gosh – I think I would start picking at the coated cheerios, and then not have any left by the time I decide to press them into bars. :)

5. g says:

Woah! Making these tonight. I’d eat ’em any time of day.

6. Elyse says:

Mmm, these look so fabulous!! I love a quick and easy bar that has all the best flavors and combos–for example, crunchy AND gooey, peanut butter AND honey…mmm, mmm, mmm! I can’t wait to make these.

7. Cacophany_cat says:

Could you replace the honey with something like golden syrup/maple syrup? I have a family that aren’t fans of honey >.<

8. your blog is awesome and has inspired me to create my own. I’m sure you will see some of the stuff you have made on mine to show my friends very soon. Keep on doing what you are doing. its great stuff.
    cole

9. ingrid says:

I have to admit as soon as I sw this I thought for sure there would be marshmallows. :-) That’s okay because my batch is going to have some as I have a buy one get one box of honey nut cheerios that needs to get used up. Thanks!

10. Jessica says:

If you make a frosting for top, please post it! I can’t wait to make these. :)

11. Issa says:

What’s Pam?

12. Molly says:

I love the simple and easy ones! I’m going to try this as a little treat for my husband’s birthday celebration tomorrow. Thanks!

13. Donna says:

My children would adore this, I am makingit tomorrow!

14. Guest says:

I made this tonight. Easy, delicious dessert.
    p.s. I love your blog. Keep up the good work!

15. Amanda B. says:

This was so easy and so tasty!
    PS: I also love your blog! :)

16. Amanda B. says:

Once my bars cooled they became incredibly hard. I mean really hard, I had to chisel them with a knife. :/ I don’t know what happened. I thought they’d stay chewy and a bit softer.

17. thecrepesofwrath says:

Amanda: You may have left them out too long in a cool place, causing the cereal to become stale and hard. It’s happened to me before with rice krispie treats, haha.

18. Amanda B. says:

Okay, thanks! I’ll try again because they are tasty!

19. Rhonda says:

My husband would totally adore these! Thanks for the easy no bake cookie recipes!

20. Jessica says:

I used Multigrain cheerios and they are delicious! Thank you for the easy recipe. 😀

21. Jen T. says:

I just made a half batch of these in an 8×8 pan with Multi-Grain Cheerios, and they’re wonderful! I did kind of spaz and add the PB to the pan from the get-go, so they’re a little bit grainy (I was afraid they would burn, so I don’t think I cooked the sugar as long as I should have), but that one’s completely my fault. I’m going to try them again and do it right next time :-) Thanks!

22. Tereasa says:

about how long do these take to cool down?

23. […] / 365  Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars  – I had to half the recipe as I only had 3 cups of […]

24. brianne says:

Tried these tonight… they taste great!!… I thought they would be chewy though for the kids and they are super crunchy…. almost too hard for the kids to bite into… any ideas on how to soften them up a little?
    Thanks

• Cheryl says:

You might have overcooked the honey/sugar mixture causing it to get to a hard cany state, try cooking the sugar until the sugar just disolves.

25. Cheryl says:

I made these a couple days ago and they are SO GOOD, my whole family eats them for snacks throughout the day (my 7 year old even said they give her energy when she gets tired in the afternoons)! I tweaked it a little, I used 2 cups of multi-grain Cheerios, 3 cups of Honey Nut Cheerios and one cup of old fashioned oat meal…and added a cup of walnuts! :) I put them in a Tupperware and they are still super gooey bars, not at all hard or stale after 2 days! Thank you!!!

26. Jasmine says:

I have a question , can I not use honey or agave nectar .. just use all the other ingredients

27. A says:

Can you use less sugar, or a sugar substitute to make it healthier?

I’m not sure that removing a few tablespoons of sugar would make it “healthier”, to be honest. You need the sugar to bind everything together. I’ve never baked with a sugar substitute.

28. Marie Ames says:

Have made these several times using various “butters”…..almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower butters.
    All delicious. Have also added dried cranberries, coconut, dried apple.
    My daughter eats them on the way to college in the morning for breakfast.

29. Dzzzan says:

You can use corn syrup instead of honey

30. thecrepesofwrath says:

Cacophany: I think you might be able to, but it’ll taste different (still sweet, though). Give it a try by halving the recipe and using an 8×8 pan.

31. thecrepesofwrath says:

Issa: Pam is cooking spray that you can use when you’re cooking to make sure that things don’t burn to the pan. It doesn’t have any calories or taste, so it’s nice and handy!