I love simple dishes like this one: Parmesan chicken cooked in a skillet with a fresh spinach salad tossed in a lemon vinaigrette served with a nice glass of red wine. Who wouldn’t enjoy that? This was a clean, easy meal and I’d definitely make it again. The chicken was moist and juicy on the inside and crisp and crunchy on the outside. The lemon vinaigrette was flavorful and light. There’s not much more to say! I guarantee you’ll enjoy this meal. Recipe after the jump, as always.
Your very simple ingredients.
Combine your lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Whisk and set aside.
Combine the salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
Rub the chicken with the salt and pepper and set aside.
Combine the flour and flaxseed in one bowl and breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in another bowl.
Whisk the eggs in yet another bowl.
Dredge the chicken in the flour, dip in the egg, and then coat in the Parmesan mixture, pressing lightly to ensure it gets coated well. Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan and cook for 5-6 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken) on each side.
Serve with your salad and enjoy!
- ½ lb. fresh spinach
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ lb. grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I filleted 3 large chicken breasts)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Wash and dry your greens.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper.
- Set aside to toss with greens right before serving.
- Pound your chicken or fillet (slice in half) it like I did (this is important in order for the chicken to cook thoroughly and quickly).
- Combine salt and pepper and rub the chicken with it. Combine the flour and flaxseed in another bowl. In a different bowl, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water. On a second plate, combine the bread crumbs and ¼ lb. Parmesan cheese.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, dip in the egg, and then dredge in the Parmesan mixture, pressing lightly.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes on one side, depending on thickness (you may need to cook them for 7-8 minutes on each side), then turn and do the same (5-6 minutes) on second side until the chicken is no longer pink and is a nice, golden brown.
- Toss the spinach with enough vinaigrette to coat them, add more if you like.
- Serve the spinach with the chicken and shave some Parmesan cheese over the salad and chicken.