Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

Velvet Lava promised that these would be irresistible, and she was right on point! These honestly taste very close to a Butterfinger candy bar. They’re amazing. I couldn’t believe how good they were! I made them for some friends and they all enjoyed them as well. I will be making these again and again because they’re so easy and you don’t even have to bake anything! You just mix it all together, layer it, and you’re done! If you’ve got 10 minutes, you’ve got enough time to make these. It’s definitely worth it. Recipe after the jump.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
All you need! I used half crunchy and half smooth peanut butter. Next time I think I will definitely use all chunky peanut butter.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Grind up your graham cracker crumbs in your food processor or blender. I tried to grind them up with the peanut butter because I wasn’t thinking! It took forever and I ended up having to…

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
…beat in the butter and powdered sugar with my stand mixer. So grind up the graham crackers FIRST, don’t just dump everything in like I did, hahah.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
So spread the peanut butter/graham cracker mixture into a greased and lined 9×13 pan.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Now melt your chocolate chips. You can do this in the microwave (carefully), in a small sauce pan (carefully), or over a double-boiler, which is the safest option (the other two ways can burn your chocolate very easily), but I was lazy and just melted it in a sauce pan.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
And spread the melted chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture. Throw it in the fridge to firm up and you’re golden!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Lift the foil out of the pan, cut into squares, and enjoy with a cold glass of milk.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Serves: 20-24 bars

• 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs (I used 18 whole graham crackers to make the crumbs)
  • 1⅔ cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
  1. Line and grease a 9x13 inch pan with aluminum foil. In a food processor, grind up your graham crackers (unless you have store-bought crumbs).
  2. Add the butter, peanut butter, and sugar to your crumbs and process until a ball forms (you can also beat everything together in your mixer if your processor/blender/whatever can't do it).
  3. Press the mixture into the pan. I found that using my hands worked best.
  4. Over a double-boiler, or carefully in the microwave or in a small sauce pan over the stove, melt the chocolate chips, stirring often to prevent burning. Spread the melted chocolate over peanut butter mixture.
  5. Chill in refrigerator for about an hour. Allow to come to room temperature before cutting into squares. Store in the refrigerator, or better yet, the freezer!
Adapted From

1. I am so making this! :-)

2. Janaki says:

those look siqqq awesome and calorie laden!

3. Hannah says:

these are mom moms favorite!

4. Elyse says:

With such a rave review, how could I not try these? They look fantastic. Chocolate and peanut butter happen to be two of my favorite things, and the combination of the two is lethal! These look soooo delicious; I can’t wait to try them!

5. ingrid says:

Hey, Sydney! Have I told you lately that you rock! I can always count on you to make certain I don’t miss out on any yummy recipes, both sweet and savory. Yours is the first blog I come to when searching for that “something”. I’ve made more off your blog than anyone else. If you are ever needing a testimonial I’m you gal!
    The parm crusted chix looks great, too! And you know the kids love spinach & salads!

6. MacKenzie says:

I love anything with chocolate and peanut butter, so these look great! Just curious–are they chewy or crunchy?

7. Cas says:

*drools*
    Definitely going to give these a try!

8. Jen T. says:

So the next couple of weeks are gonna be really bad around here, and I have a terrible feeling that I am going to make these and eat the whole pan myself. So I suppose I can thank you now, and then hate you later. Ok by you?

9. Molly says:

Roll the peanut butter batter stuff into balls and dip them 3/4 of the way into the chocolate and you have Buckeye Candy (they’re named that because they look like the nuts of the Buckeye Tree).

10. Rosie says:

I’m a high school senior and have decided that as long as I’m dealing with senioritis, I should teach myself how to do something. I was watching the Food Network (which is what I do when I’m sick, like I am now), and decided that I really and seriously want to learn how to cook. So I’ve been surfing a bunch of food blogs, and I really like yours 😀 I’m pretty good with baking (sweet things <3 especially with chocolate and peanut butter), but I also want to say that I like the main dish recipes that you post too. All the pictures are wonderful and helpful. I don’t often cook dinner, but everything seems simple and really delish.

11. Pearl says:

oh that combination of chocolate + pb in a bar just looks… like something that would definitely be on someone’s “last meal.”

12. Coby says:

I am not a sweet tooth, but I want these! I love your tip about breaking up the biscuit first. LOL That is the sort of thing I WOULD have done too, so I appreciate your advice there! What a fab dish:D

13. Ingrid says:

Just made it….holy cow was that “dough” good! I didn’t use regular peanut butter. I used Barney’s Butter which is an almond butter. I had the crunchy one. I haven’t tried one yet but will after I photograph them and send them off to school with Babygirl! It’s her art teacher’s b-day!
    Thx, again!

14. ome ome ome! peanut butter + chocolate! I’m gonna bake these! well.. I pretty much adore every recipe of yours.. like I said in bakebakebake hehe :)
    I was wondering.. do you have any chocolate cookie recipe? the thing is I trust you. I mean.. I see your recipes and I know that they’re good, really good.
    well.. *steals the bars and eats them all* :D!

15. Jen T. says:

Oh man, I made these last night, and they’re killer. Exactly what I was needing. My thighs… probably another story.
    Was your dough really sticky, though? I think I just got the butter too soft because I used the microwave, but it was REALLY sticky. Next time I think I’ll plan better and actually just let it come to room temp, unless you say otherwise. Thanks!

16. debcurlydog says:

This recipe is the closest thing I have found to a Reese Peanut Butter Cup. They are amazing!
    Hard to resist so they don’t get made in our house very often.

17. Dragon says:

Easy and delicious? I can’t wait to try these!

18. Julie says:

I’ve made these (but not with crunchy pb), they are truly awesome!

19. Dithie says:

I made these yesterday and they’re AMAZING. My BF immediately declared, “We need to give at least half of these away right now, so we don’t eat them all in one sitting!”
    Sooo goooood.

20. Rhonda says:

I remember having these in school, I will definitely be trying these!

21. Ann says:

I’m so glad you liked these! Aren’t they addicting? Seriously, I could not stop eating the dough, very dangerous. :)

22. parisa says:

looks fantastic! I will try this for sure =)

23. Laura says:

I made these yesterday. So, so good! Very easy, too. The hardest part was crushing the graham crackers! I used smooth peanut butter and they came out great. I would probably not line the dish with foil next time and just grease it up. It was harder to work with the foil. Thanks for the recipe.

24. Laura says:

I was looking around for a no-bake recipe (too hot to turn the oven on with no AC!!) and came across these. I made them yesterday and they turned out great. I actually halved the recipe because I only had a little peanut butter left, but it was yummy!! It was so easy too, in the food processor.

25. ame says:

Hi this can be keep up for a week right? I was thinking of making this before my exams so that my girlfriends and I can have some sugar treats while we are studying!

26. thecrepesofwrath says:

Ingrid: Thank you so much! You always make me smile.

27. thecrepesofwrath says:

Jen: I don’t remember it being very sticky, but I did have to use my hands to put the dough into the pan (it wouldn’t spread easily).