White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies

I love white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, so when I saw this recipe for a blondie version of that same cookie, I just had to try it out! I made two pans; one for home and one for Kramer’s office. He came back with an empty tupperware container, so I’m pretty sure that they went over well. Everyone at my house really enjoyed them, too. There’s nothing better than the crunch of big macadamia nuts accompanied by creamy morsels of white chocolate all packed into a soft and chewy blondie. I highly recommend these! Recipe after the jump.

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies
Combine your flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies
Roughly chop your macadamia nuts and place them on a baking sheet. Toast them in a 350 degree F oven for about 10 minutes, or until they’re golden and fragrant.

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies
Cream together the butter and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes, until somewhat fluffy and smooth.

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies
Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract (if you’ve got it). Gradually beat in the flour until just moistened.

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies
Your macadamia nuts should be ready by now. Let them cool for 5-10 minutes before adding them to the dough.

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies
When ready, toss your chopped and toasted macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips into the dough.

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies
Fold them into the dough by hand (I actually used my hands because I made a double batch and it was about to spill out of my bowl).

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies
Using a greased spatula or your hands (my weapon of choice), spread (I use the term ‘spread’ lightly, because this dough is thick) the dough into a 9×13 greased and/or lined pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes, until completely set and golden brown.

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies
Allow them to cool completely in the pan before cutting.

Enjoy!

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut BlondiesWhite Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies

• ½ pound (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1½ cups light brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • ½ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 cups white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
  • Turbinado sugar (for garnish/sprinkling - optional)
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Chop your macadamia nuts and place them on a baking sheet. Toast in a 350 degree F oven for 5-10 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Allow to cool before using.
  2. Cream the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until a smooth batter is formed (this should take 3-5 minutes). While the machine is running, add the eggs, the vanilla extract, and almond extract (if you're using it), until incorporated into the batter.
  3. Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Slowly add the flour mixture to the batter and mix on low speed just until a dough is formed (don't over-beat!). Either by hand (literally) or with a big spoon or spatula, fold the nuts and chips into the dough.
  4. Once the dough is all blended, line and/or grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with Pam. Spread the batter into the pan with a greased spatula or just use your hands to press the dough in (this is what I did) and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until set and lightly golden (this may even take 40 minutes, so just keep an eye on them!). Allow to cool completely in the pan before cutting. Store in an air-tight container.
Adapted From

1. jas says:

Oh my. These look wonderful. I don’t like making cookies because they are so time intensive moving batches in and out of the oven. But brownies and bars are so much easier. I may just see if I can move all my cookie recipes over to bars.
    Thanks!

2. Risa says:

These look and sound amazing! I can seriously taste them just from looking at the pictures. I will be making these very soon!

3. Maria says:

I’m new here and I’m drooling at all your delicious creations!
    These blondies are amazing and a must bake!
    Maria
    x

4. Coleen says:

These look sooooooooooooo good.

5. Dragon says:

I would love a present of these little blondies.

6. ingrid says:

I’m sure not surprised that I’ve printed out the recipe and will be giving them a try. One of the twins was just mentioning I hadn’t made blondies in a while.

7. Clara says:

Do you use salted or unsalted nuts?

8. Katy says:

Yummy! I haven’t baked anything for such a long time now and I really want to after seeing these.

9. SJ says:

I tried making these last night…for some reason mine got a little bit burned on the bottom? did that happen to yours?

10. Carly says:

Wow these look sooooo good! I think I will make these tomorrow! :)

11. Memoria says:

I will have to make a non-nut version of this someday! Looks yummy, and your photos are awesome!

12. Pearl says:

those would make such a popular gift!

13. Andy says:

THIS WEBSITE IS MY NEW FOUND ADDICTION. I have wandered here before, but, for some reason, I never realized how perfect it was… until now. I can honestly say that I would scarf down each and every blondie, muffin and America-Asian fusion dish you’ve ever made. And your bundt cakes! I will be sending the links to my mother who is obsessed with bundt cakes at the moment. Seriously, I am worshipping you right now. Amazing blog, please post everyday (That’s not too much to ask?!)

14. Rhonda says:

I posted the BBQ Pork Chop recipe from your site on my blog, it was great. Thanks again for sharing great recipes.

15. lailablogs says:

Simply Delicious … cant say more ;-) … Laila .. http://lailablogs.com/

16. Wow, your blondies look so perfect, and sound delicious.

17. Elyse says:

OH MY GAH. These blondies look fabulous. I’m in love with macadamia nuts, so anytime I can put them in a dessert, especially with white chocolate, I’m a fan!! Great job! Can’t wait to try this recipe.

18. Sus2005 says:

These look so delicious and I plan to make some for our teachers! About how many blondies does this recipe make?

19. Anna says:

Those look good! I’m going to have to include them in my next round of blondie testing.

20. Kevin says:

Those blondies look great! White chocolate and macadamia nut cookies are my favorite cookies and a blondie version sounds really good!

21. Stacy says:

Hey Syd,
    These look awesome and very similar to your white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, but there are some slight differences in the recipe-no white sugar, no melted butter, slightly different proportions, etc. So my question is, which did you prefer the flavor of??

Stacy: It depends on if you want a bar or a cookie! I really liked the cookies, personally, because they were a bit richer, but the chewiness of the blondie is wonderful as well.

22. thecrepesofwrath says:

Clara: Good question! I used unsalted, and if you use salted, I would probably omit the salt in the batter. I’ll fix that!

23. thecrepesofwrath says:

SJ: No, it didn’t. Were you using a glass pan and did you grease it with Pam or butter? I’m sorry that happened!

24. thecrepesofwrath says:

Sus: I’d say it makes about 20 bars, more or less depending on how big you slice them.