These are honestly some of the best ribs that I’ve ever had, hands down. They were falling off of the bone! They were so tender and the sauce was absolutely delicious. I highly recommend these, especially if you’ve got a busy day and need to have dinner ready for when you get home. Kramer and my brother really enjoyed them, too. They were all gone by the end of the night! These are sure to please a crowd of even the pickiest eaters. Recipe after the jump!
Place your ribs in your crock pot.
Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, rice vinegar, fresh or ground ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
Pour the sauce over the ribs. Cover the crock pot with its lid and turn it to low. Cook for 7-8 hours.
When the ribs are done, take them out of the crock pot and place on a platter. Pour the sauce and juices from the crock pot into a sauce pan and add the combined corn starch and water to the sauce. Bring to a boil and stir until thickened.
Pour the sauce over the ribs and rice and top with sesame seeds.
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger (I used a dash of ground ginger)
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4-5 pounds pork short ribs
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 4 cups cooked rice (for serving)
- Mix together the soy sauce, sugar, oil, vinegar, ginger, crushed garlic, and red pepper in a small bowl. Place ribs in a 5-quarter slow cooker and pour the sauce over it. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 9 hours.
- Transfer the ribs to a platter, and skim and discard excess fat from liquid. Place back into the crock pot (with the crock pot turned to "off") to keep warm.
- Place the liquid into a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water and add it to the liquid. Bring to a boil and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove meat from ribs or serve on the bone, place them over rice and top with sauce, green onions and sesame seeds.
- *I used some of my extra sauce to stir fry some vegetables really quickly to serve with the ribs.