Sesame Noodles

First off, I want to say that yes, my fiancee and I are working on fixing up my site a bit. I think it looks pretty damn good so far! Kramer’s done it all and it wouldn’t have been done at all if it weren’t for him. I’m very lucky to have him around for this sort of thing (because I know absolutely nothing about it). Either way, we’ll continue to tweek the site until we have it the way we want it, so if you see any errors, please let me know! He works full time and I’m working, doing summer school, and planning our wedding, so we’re both busy and will definitely miss a few things as we work on my blog’s “face-lift.”

Now, back to what’s important: food! These sesame noodles are very similar to my garlic noodles, but I used angel hair pasta to make these and they definitely have a stronger sesame taste rather than garlic. They’re absolutely delicious though, and I ate the leftovers for two days! The noodles have a greater depth of flavor than you’d expect, and are sure to please even the pickiest eaters. I used whole wheat pasta, but even without it, this dish isn’t something you’ll regret after having eaten it. It can be spiced up with some pork or chicken, but to be honest, I think it’d perfect all on its own. I can’t wait to make it again! Recipe after the jump.

Sesame Noodles
Your very few ingredients.

Sesame Noodles
Okay, so get ready for how insanely easy this dish is to make. First, cook your noodles, drain them, and set them aside.

Sesame Noodles
In a small, deep pan or a small sauce pan, combine the garlic, sugar, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Stir over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved, then remove from the heat.

Sesame Noodles
Pour the sauce over the noodles and toss! Top with some green onions and toasted sesame seeds, if you like (but you don’t have to).

Sesame Noodles
Enjoy!

Sesame Noodles
Serves: 4

• 6 garlic cloves, minced
  • 3 Tablespoons white sugar
  • 6 Tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 6 Tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 Tabelspoons sesame oil
  • 1 16 oz. package of whole wheat angel hair pasta
  • 3 T. toasted sesame seeds, for garnish (you can toast the seeds in a 350 degree oven while putting together the sauce)
  • ½ cup chopped green onions, for garnish
  1. Place the first five ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir constantly until the sugar dissolves.
  2. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Pour the sauce over the boiled and drained pasta, add the sesame seeds and chopped scallions, and mix thoroughly. That's it!
Adapted From

1. Nick says:

These are awesome. They are great chilled the next day. You should try them with rice noodles also.

Good lookin’ photos 😉

2. Jacob Mohin says:

OM

• admin says:

Laura: I’m sorry that happened to you! Did you let the noodles sit too long and allow the gluten in them to coagulate? That might have been what happened. Mine were super slippery, even after letting them sit and refrigerating them, so that’s all I can think of!

3. Jacob Mohin says:

OMG my favoritteeee…. making this tonight kthx.

4. Krystle says:

This sounds awesome! I may have to try them tonight and throw some chicken in there. Thanks for the great recipes. the site lookin good!

5. Nikki says:

Sounds awesome!!

6. Jessica says:

Congratulations on the new site.
    It looks really good! :)

7. Amber says:

These look divine. I can’t wait to try them!

8. I’ve been wondering what we should have with caramelized tofu and this is it. Perfect timing!

9. mafe says:

And it’s vegan! Awesome.

10. jason says:

Last time I tried to make a recipe similar to this, it was a disaster — *way* too much vinegar. This looks like it might be more reasonable proportions, I’ll give it a shot.

11. Laura says:

I made these last night. They were really tasty, but my noodles totally stuck together after I poured the sauce on them. I don’t know why! Yours look so nice and separated. What did I do wrong?

12. stevew says:

Excellent recipe. Made them tonight except I added shrimp fried in olive oil and garlic to the mixture. Everyone loved it. The sesame seeds and onion greens worked real well. I was amazed how good the sauce was despite the fact that there was so much vinegar! Thanks for posting it.

13. Mike says:

I made these with some leftover regular (not whole-wheat) spaghetti the other week. They are amazing chilled the next day, when the flavors in the sauce have really had time to settle in together. Plus, they are a great make-ahead dish for a snack or appetizer.

14. deb says:

wow. these are excellent. i made a minor tweak and added crushed red peppers to the mix cuz i like things a bit spicy! thanks for sharing all your wonderful recipes.