Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I started a new job at a different location and it’s been so much fun to learn everything in a different way and meet new people and all that. It makes the day fly by, and who wouldn’t love that? Kramer and I have been pretty miserable with the heat in Arizona, though. We hate the heat so much! It feels like you’re walking into an oven when you walk outside. The worst part is that it won’t cool down until October! Oh well, what can you do other than stay inside and maybe do some cooking and baking?

I almost don’t think that I can explain in words how good these muffins are. They’re so perfectly moist and the crumb stays together so well that you can take big, satisfying bites. The peanut butter shines along with the banana, creating a great pairing for the milk chocolate chips. I sent these proudly into Kramer’s office and even took some to work myself. I wanted to share these muffins with everyone I knew because they were seriously that good. They rise so well and are so beautiful! Give these a try and I promise you that you won’t be disappointed. This is going to be your favorite muffin ever!

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Round up your ingredients. I doubled this recipe (smartest thing I ever did), as you can see.

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Combine your flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl and set aside.

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

In a large bowl, mash up your bananas.

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Add in the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and milk and mix together well.

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Mix the flour with the wet ingredients until just moistened, then fold in the chocolate chips.

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip MuffinsPeanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Fill the muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter each and bake at 350 degrees F for 22-25 minutes, keeping an eye on your oven until the muffins are slightly golden and set.

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Allow to cool in the tins for a few minutes before removing, then serve warm if you like, or allow them to cool completely.

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Don’t you want to make these immediately?

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

• 2½ cups all-purpose flour
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2-3 large, ripe bananas (I really suggest using 3)
  • 1 cup milk
  • ¾ cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter (I used crunchy and it was fantastic)
  • 3 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line and/or grease 12 muffin tins. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and set aside.
  2. In another large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, milk, peanut butter, egg, oil, and vanilla and mix well. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until just moistened, then fold in the chocolate chips.
  3. Bake for 22-25 minutes or the muffins are slightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool a bit before removing from the tins, then either serve warm or allow to finish cooling.
Adapted From

1. ingrid says:

Hmmmm, I’m not normally fond of banana with chocolate but with all your raving about this, just maybe…………

Happy 4th!

2. Steph says:

My boyfriend loves anything with peanut butter and chocolate. Will have to try this!

3. Laura says:

I am so making these! ::adds bananas to shopping list::

4. g says:

I saw these on Noble Pig a while back and have made them many times since! Probably my favorite muffin ever.

5. EAT! says:

Making and hiding these for myself.

6. sd says:

I’ve been eyeballing this recipe for days! Just asked my husband to pick up a few ingredients I was missing on his way home….We’ll be having these as midnight muffins! YUM! Love your blog…

7. Laura says:

Just had to report that I made these muffins last night. Had only a quarter of one fresh out of the oven. To die for! And just had one for breakfast, warmed for a few seconds in the microwave. My only regret is that I didn’t bring more!!! DELICIOUS!!!

8. Carol says:

Loooovvve these! Combo of all my favorite things, these muffins are moist and flavorful. Thanks for sharing!

9. Mrs. Janes says:

I made these muffins and they turned out great. Only thing is that I’ve never made a banana recipe that didn’t include baking soda – it gives the banana flavor a fizzy pop – so I added about 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. And also, when it was time to put the batter in the muffin cups, I had 12 full large cups, plus additional batter for 6 more large muffin cups. So I had more than anticipated! Never a bad thing! Muffins were delicious.

10. Natalie says:

Great muffin recipe! I definitely had more than 12 muffins’ worth of batter – more like 18 or 20, even when the cups were filled all the way to the top. I’ve made these twice now, and the second time I doubled the chocolate chips – it made for guaranteed chocolate in every bite, yum! Thanks for a new standby – I know I’ll be making this again!

11. Carolina says:

I just finished making these, and while I do not eat sweets, I HAD to come over here and praise you on them! They are some of the, if not the most, beautiful muffins I have ever baked. They rise so beautifully! Perfectly round and pretty. The only change I made was adding a little more cinnamon- we’re big fans in my house. I had enough batter for 18 good-sized muffins. They smell and look delicious, and I’ll let everyone else be a judge of the taste ;D (My dad tried them and said they were wonderful, and my grandma is eating one as well. I’m sure everyone else will love them!)

12. Lily says:

Just made these for my boyfriend and they were delicious! Thanks!

13. Susie D. says:

I had a few ripe bananas and wanted to do something with them other than the traditional banana bread, so I made these muffins. I’ll echo g’s comment and say that these just might be my favorite muffins ever!

I followed the recipe exactly as written and it made 12 muffins plus a small, squatty loaf.

Thanks for the recipe!

14. Chrissy says:

I have some in the oven right now, and the house is smelling wonderful! I can’t wait to try them :)

15. [...] Source: Noble Pig, as seen on Crepes of Wrath [...]

16. Lilli says:

Has anyone tried making these without the PB? I know, (gasp), I’d love to leave it in, but my better half isn’t a fan of PB in sweets (I’m workin’ on it!). Thanks!

17. Cassie says:

I just made them with almond butter (I was out of PB and desperate), and they are still really good! Less of a nutty taste, but still delicious and my husband said they were just as good as they are with PB. HTH, Lilli :)

18. Lilli says:

Update: So I went ahead and made them without the PB and they were delicious! I can’t imagine how dangerous they would be WITH the peanut butter! I actually added an extra banana but diced it somewhat small instead of mashing it. And about that better half, he actually suggested I try making a batch with Nutella. I think I’ll keep him after all! :)

19. Maria says:

Fabulous!!!!

20. [...] Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Recipe: http://crepesofwrath.net/2009/07/03/peanut-butter-banana-chocolate-chip-muffins/ [...]