Mini Blueberry Crisps

I’m on my way to Victoria, British Columbia tomorrow for my uncle’s wedding, so I won’t be updating on Friday. I feel like I just unpacked my suitcase from Comic-Con! Next week I will be back to my usual schedule, so stick it out with me! I’m really excited to go to Canada, though. My mom is Canadian and my uncle and my grandmother still live up there. It’s like the secret utopia of the world!

I love blueberries, as you can see! Like I said before, I’ve been trying to find ways to use up the bounty of summer fruits available during the summer months, and when I stumbled upon a recipe for mini cherry pies, I decided that I needed to try it with blueberries! The result was a tiny, buttery, crumbly dessert filled with sweet, juicy blueberries. The crust is incredible delicious (you can definitely tell there’s some butter in it) and the cinnamon-oatmeal combination goes surprisingly well with the blueberries. The best part about these little crisps are that they are insanely easy to make and come together very quickly. They can be served immediately, warm, or cold (I prefer cold). Go ahead and make these, you won’t regret it!

Mini Blueberry Crisps

Mini Blueberry Crisps
Combine the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour in a medium bowl.

Mini Blueberry Crisps
Once everything is combined well, add in the melted butter and mix.

Mini Blueberry Crisps
Spray your muffin pans with some Pam and press 1/4 cup of the crust mixture into the cups, pushing it up a bit on the sides. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.

Mini Blueberry Crisps
After the crusts have baked, place 6-8 blueberries into each cup.

Mini Blueberry Crisps
Then top them off with the remaining oats mixture.

Mini Blueberry Crisps
Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes, until slightly browned. Allow to cool completely before removing from the tins.

Mini Blueberry Crisps
Enjoy!

Mini Blueberry Crisps

Mini Blueberry Crisps
Serves: 6-8 crisps

• 1½ cups fresh blueberries
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 cup old-fashioned oats
  • 6 tablespoons butter, melted
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together cinnamon, salt, sugar, flour and oats. Add the butter, and mix well.
  2. Place about ¼ cup of mixture into each muffin round of a greased muffin pan, pressing into the bottom and sides to create a "pie crust". Make sure you have some mixture leftover for topping. Bake for about 10 minutes.
  3. Add 6-8 blueberries into each crust, and sprinkle remainder of crust mixture onto the berries. Bake for about 15 minutes. Leave in pan, and let cool for 20 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted From

1. Carly says:

Wow. These look absolutely delicious! I am going to have to make this this weekend!! :)

2. ingrid says:

Enjoy your trip and congrats to your uncle!

I’m thinking blackberries as I’ve got a TON of them right now.

3. felicia says:

omg the blueberry madness! i’m seeing sooooo many recipes on them but i never get tired!
    hahahaha. looking so so good btw :)

4. Krystle says:

Love blueberries! These look amazing. Have fun on your trip!

5. Pontch says:

Wow its look so crisp and delicious
    I just love blueberry everywhere.

6. amy says:

that looks awesome!!!!

7. Megan says:

Those look amazing!!

8. marcia says:

These look realy good!what a great time to visit the island were having amazing weather here right now!enjoy your trip!

9. karma says:

I made these tonight with tart cherries and brown sugar with splenda and they were fantastic.

10. katie says:

mmm these look awesome!
    Have a super Victoria trip, I’m just up Island and the weather’s been super HOT! Enjoy!

11. Danielle says:

Have fun on your trip!
    Thank you for leaving us with this wonderful recipe =)

12. Christina says:

I made these last night and they’re absolutely delicious! The topping has always been my favorite part of a crisp and using it as a crust was a wonderful idea! I didn’t have blueberries in my fridge so I used white nectarines tossed with some honey and lemon juice. I also forgot to bake the crusts first but it held together fine. My boyfriend loved them and immediately went for seconds! :]

13. Amanda B. says:

I tried these today and they are so tasty! Mine were a little crumbly (maybe I needed to get the butter mixed better). They were be so good with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream!

14. ella says:

i loved the muffins!! but i think i put to much salt in on accident… but they were very tasty!
    thanks for the resipe – ella

15. can i do raspberries with this? or maybe i could combines both??? yyyyyuuuuummmm!!!!! =_

16. […] Mini Blueberry Crisps: The result was a tiny, buttery, crumbly dessert filled with sweet, juicy blueberries. The crust is incredible delicious (you can definitely tell there’s some butter in it) and the cinnamon-oatmeal combination goes surprisingly well with the blueberries. The best part about these little crisps are that they are insanely easy to make and come together very quickly. They can be served immediately, warm, or cold (I prefer cold). Go ahead and make these, you won’t regret it! Found at Crepes of Wrath. […]

17. ellie says:

i have had this recipe in a folder on my computer for forever. the grocery had blueberries on sale this week so i figured it was time to make them. they are awesome! i had the same problem as amanda- mine kept crumbling apart. but that just let my dog enjoy them too- he licked up the crumbs and went looking for more :)

Ellie: They were a bit crumby when I made them, too, but still buttery, which is all that matters, right? :) I’m glad that you found a solution for the crumbs.

18. hannah says:

When I made these, I felt that there wasn’t enough crust mixture, so I made extra. I would recomend that to other people as well. It seems to work well. Lov’d em! THANKS!

19. […] a pastry recipe or two! Got blueberries? Bake some fresh blueberry muffins with streusel topping or mini blueberry crisps, or drink up a blueberry blast smoothie. Keep in mind that blueberries freeze well and make […]

20. SarahTeenChef says:

I made these in just six muffin cups, so there was plenty of topping. I also used a lot more blueberries. Before I put the blueberries in however, I added a sour cream, sugar, and cinnamon mix (3/4 cup sour cream, two tsp sugar, couple dashes cinnamon) to each crisp. Cooked it as directed. They smelled so good!

21. […] Print this recipe Mini Blueberry Crisps | Crepes of Wrath […]

22. Hillary Blocker says:

I’ve already made these numerous times and everytime I make them, someone new fall’s in love with them. These are something I am going to have to make very often. Thanks for the wonderful recipe@