Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops with Sweet Sliced Apples and Onions

Yet again, proof that bacon makes everything better, even other pork products. This is a great little dish to make after a long day of work or school when you want something that tastes much more difficult than it was to make. The bacon gives the pork chops tons of flavor, and the apples and onions are a wonderfully sweet and savory treat to serve the pork chops on top of, and pair nicely with the saltiness of the bacon wrapped chops. Kramer even went back to seconds when I made this, which is a true sign that it’s good because he’s rarely a seconds kind of guy. I hope you all enjoy these as much as we did; anyone who loves bacon should!

Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops with Sweet Sliced Apples and Onions

Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops with Sweet Sliced Apples and Onions
Slice your apples and place them in the bottom of an 8×8 pan. I don’t know why I sliced mine so weird. I was in a hurry, haha.

Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops with Sweet Sliced Apples and Onions
Sprinkle the apples with two teaspoons of pack brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of ground sage.

Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops with Sweet Sliced Apples and Onions
Thinly slice the onions and place them on top of the apples and brown sugar.

Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops with Sweet Sliced Apples and Onions
Cube two tablespoons of butter and sprinkle it over the onions.

Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops with Sweet Sliced Apples and Onions
Wrap the bacon around the pork chops and bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes on on side, then pull the pan out flip the pork chops, then bake for another 15 minutes, until the bacon is lightly crisp.

Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops with Sweet Sliced Apples and Onions
Serve the pork chops over the apples and onions (make sure you spoon lots of the juices over the chops, too) and with roasted potatoes or vegetables.

Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops with Sweet Sliced Apples and Onions
Serves: 8x8 pan

• 3 medium-sized pork chops
  • 9-12 slices of bacon (depending on how big the bacon is)
  • 2 medium apples, sliced thinly
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • ½ teaspoon ground sage
  • 1 large yellow or white onion, sliced thinly
  • 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
  1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Slice your apples thinly and place them in the bottom of an 8x8 pan. Sprinkle two teaspoons of brown sugar and ½ teaspoon of sage over the apples, then top that with the sliced onions. Sprinkle the cubed butter over the onions.
  2. Wrap the bacon tightly around the pork chops. Place them on top of the onions and apples, and bake for 15 minutes. Take the pan out and flip the pork chops over on the other side, then bake for another 15 minutes, until the bacon is lightly crisp.
  3. Serve the pork chops over the apples and onions with plenty of juices from the pan. Pair with roasted potatoes (as I did) or some kind vegetable.

1. Emily says:

As soon as I saw the picture I knew this is what I was making for dinner tonight.

2. Laura L. says:

I love you and I love this recipe. Will definitely make this.

3. Shannon says:

WANT. Fantastic. The dish is heinous, wonderful while the photography does it more than justice. I did something similar with bacon but yours is more tasteful.

4. Mom says:

looks beautiful!

5. Mom says:

Tomorrow last day of school?

6. Marisa says:

Oooooh – that looks great! Pork & apple is such a great combo. Love the addition of the bacon.

7. Kevin says:

Bacon wrapped pork with apples! What a meal!

8. Caitlni says:

I definitely see your blog and I becoming best friends. This is AMAZING! and so simple. Definitely making this this weekend..

9. SteveW says:

Wow–this was an EXCELLENT recipe! used Fuji apples (and lots of them). I did the roasted potatoes and green beans. Everyone loved it. The 16 yr old, wolfed it down and was sad there wasn’t more!

Thanks much!

Steve

10. Arcko says:

Just finished eating this and hot damn. I usually hate pork, but loved this!

11. Jose says:

Made this for the family on Monday night and it was a big hit with everyone, including my four-year old. Thanks!!

12. Kel says:

Yummm! My son helped me make these (and kept referencing thisiswhyyourefat.com) . He had a blast helping and the meal was de-lish~! I used pork tenderloin cut into pieces and wrapped in bacon. It needed an extra 2 minutes per side but was ohhh sooo tasty!

I’m gonna go look for new things on your site to add to my weeknight repertoire! Thanks!

13. Ally says:

I’m slowly getting addicted to your blog and your awesome recipe ideas! I’m going to the grocery store right now to make this tonight!

14. Micah says:

This was tasty! The one critique I had was that the porkchip wasn’t seasoned enough. Though everything else was gret, the pork chop missed a little something, like seasoning.

15. [...] I obtained this recipe from Sydney of Crepes of Wrath.  [...]

16. DB says:

Hi Micah, I duplicated this recipe. Before I wrapped the chops in bacon I seasoned each with a little salt which went a long way. You can read about my experience cooking this dish here.

17. kathy says:

Have not made this yet, but I am going to. My first thought on it was that I would brine the chops which I do all the time now for bar-b-quing pork chops. Makes a huge difference and in this recipe, will add the flavor that you all feel is lacking.

18. Sarah says:

This is yummy. Thank you.

19. Maria says:

Hi, great blog! I just want to know if I can do without the baking of the chops and frying it instead? Thanks!

Maria: Thank you! I think you might be able to, but I would definitely tenderize the chops, first, since they are a tougher piece of meat and it’s easy to overcook them in a skillet.

20. Camille says:

Just made these for dinner and they went over so well! I used Archer Farms pepper bacon from Target and it came out really well. I also adjusted the temperature to 375 because I used a glass pyrex dish for baking in, but then they needed a little longer because the chops were a little too pink. Everyone loved them though! Thanks for the great recipe!

21. Rosie says:

We liked the recipe, but the only down side is that the bacon took forever to get crispy. Thanks

22. scott says:

iM COOKING IT NOW WISH ME LUCK THIS IS FOR MY MARRIAGE PROPOSAL

23. Brooklyn says:

I made a few changes. I didn’t have ground sage so I made a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon, all spice and nutmeg. I followed the recipe to put I all together, but used maple bacon and sprinkled a little of the brown sugar mixture over the top as well. I had to bake it for about 45 minutes, instead of the suggested 30. It was spectacular! So glad you shared this recipe. Definitely a new favorite. And it is so simple to make.

24. pbarney says:

Did you know that Honey Baked Ham makes honey baked bacon? It is a game changer. We made this tonight with this new special bacon, additionally drizzling some maple syrup over the chops. This meal will likely be banned by the government, but it is SO amazing!