White Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Fudge

This time of year certainly calls for peppermint, doesn’t it? Even though it’s cold outside, the cool, sweet candy always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I much prefer the soft, porous peppermint candies to the hard ones, though, so I thought a fudge with candy canes crushed beyond recognition would be right up my alley. I love the way those candies just melt in your mouth, and this fudge does the same. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that it was made with an entire jar of Marshmallow Fluff? I know that Fluff isn’t available everywhere (sadly), but I had a jar sitting in my cupboard since the last time I made S’mores Bars and I had no idea what to do with it. When I was rummaging through my kitchen trying to decide what my baking project would be this week, I landed on the Marshmallow Fluffed, turned the jar around, and discovered that it could be used to make fudge! I’m surprised that I had never tried this before. It was fitting that the recipe was so easy, too, since I made this fudge on the same day that Kramer and I were working on our tamales. The candy canes were crushed so that they were almost like little crunchies in the fudge instead of big, hard pieces, and I also added vanilla extract and peppermint extract. The white chocolate fudge is a great change of pace from chocolate and peanut butter (not that I don’t love all types), and it’s just the kind of festive holiday treat that will put you in the spirit of the season.

White Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Fudge

White Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Fudge
Melt together the sugar, salt, butter, evaporated milk, and Marshmallow Fluff.

White Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Fudge
Bring the mixture to a full boil, then boil for a full five minutes, stirring gently as you go.

White Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Fudge
Remove the pot from heat, add in the vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and white chocolate chips, then return the pot to heat over very low, and stir to melt the chips. You might need to stir a little more vigorously than you’re used to, as white chocolate does not melt as easily as milk or dark chocolate.

White Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Fudge
When the white chocolate is melted, add in half of your crushed candy canes, then add a bit more, as you see fit. Pour the fudge into an 8×8 or 9×9 pan and set aside to cool.

White Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow FudgeWhite Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Fudge
I sprinkled mine with a little bit of edible glitter that I found at a baking supplies store.

White Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Fudge

White Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Fudge
Serves: 24-28 pieces of fudge

• 2½ cups granulated sugar
  • ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 5 oz. can (2/3 cup) evaporated milk
  • 1 Jar (7½oz) Marshmallow Fluff
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
  • 1 12 oz. package white chocolate chips (the higher the quality, the easier it is for them to melt)
  • 11 candy canes, crushed (I crushed mine as small as possible, to avoid chipping any teeth)
  1. Combine the sugar, salt, butter, evaporated milk, and Fluff in a medium pot and melt together over medium-high heat. When melted, bring to a boil and stir while it boils, so it doesn't burn, for a full 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add in the vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and white chocolate chips. Return the pot to low heat (the lowest your burner will go) and stir until the white chocolate has melted (white chocolate does not melt as easily as milk or dark chocolate, so you may need to stir a bit more vigorously than you're used to). Grease a 9x9 or 8x8 pan.
  2. When the white chocolate is melted, stir in half of your crushed candy canes, then add in as much as you want, reserving a bit to sprinkle on the very top. Pour into an 8x8 or 9x9 pan (I used an 8x8, but I would have preferred a 9x9). Set aside to cool, and cut the fudge when it is room temperature. Makes 24-28 pieces of fudge.
Adapted From
adapted from the recipe on the back of the Marshmallow Fudge jar

1. Mom says:

the shot with the glitter looks so pretty, and you can eat it!

Mom: Thanks, and indeed you can! I brought them in to work and I was worried someone was going to think that I had a glitter-glue accident, but it just made them so much prettier!

2. Lindsey says:

omg so marshmallow was your secret ingredient! gorgeous and seriously delectable!

@Lindsey: Thank you very much! I’m glad you liked ’em.

@Ingrid: Thanks! I know you aren’t a big chocolate fan, but I’m glad you like these!

@Ashley: Happy to hear you’ll be making them! Let me know how it goes!

3. ingrid says:

Oh, yes much better than regular chocolate fudge! Love this batch of photos.

4. Ashley says:

*LOVE* these! I’m totally going to try making them for an upcoming holiday party!

5. Michelle says:

I am all over peppermint anything! The fudge sounds yummy!!

6. Sarah says:

These look so good, and they couldn’t have come at a better time! I’m making my Christmas goody plates today and was looking for something new to add to them this year, this will be perfect!

7. Skye says:

I was in a white chocolate mood the other day and bought some, but I hadn’t gotten around to looking for a recipe yet. Now I have one! :) Thank you!

8. Lindsay says:

Do you think these would end up an unpleasant color if I did this with regular chocolate chips instead of white? (I have a feeling it would be hard to make these TASTE bad). I’m not a fan of white chocolate but I’m still so intrigued by the marshmallow fluff in these that I am dying to try them anyway. heh. :)

@Lindsay: Not at all! The original recipe actually uses milk chocolate chips, plus it’ll be easier to melt them into the mixture. If you’re using milk chocolate, though, when you remove it from heat, just keep it off the heat. I put it back over low because of how finicky white chocolate is.

@Hannah: I had a hard time finding one online, too, believe it or not! I’m glad I could be of assistance!

9. Hannah says:

I literally was scouring the internet for a white chocolate peppermint fudge recipe today and then I just happened to click on your website an boom! There it is. You read my mind.

10. Tina from PA says:

I’m with you on the soft puffy peppermints. I love anything mint flavored, I will be trying this to add to my goody trays!Ionly make around 25-30 different cookies and candies this time of the year ! I have people hinting in Oct. to make sure they’re on the “Nice” list!

11. Juliana says:

Sydney, this fudge look awesome, perfect for this time of the year…love the idea of adding peppermint, not only flavorful, adds lot of color :-)

12. Lindsay says:

Oh, yay! Thanks for the answer! Marshmallow fluff is officially on my grocery list now. :)

13. Janelle says:

I made this tonight…SO easy and delicious!! I think this will easily be a season must-have.

14. I dislike “regular” chocolate but love white chocolate and peppermint, sold!

(If two different people named Skye comment positively on your post, do you get an extra gold star? ‘Cause how often does that happen?)

15. Heather says:

Hello fellow LJ Picturing Food community-er! I gave you a blog award, which you can ‘pick up’ over on my site. Of course, you don’t have to do anything at all with it, except know that I love your blog and think you’re awesome! :)

16. Anoushka says:

We don’t have Marshmallow Fluff in England :( Would it work if I melted down marshmallows instead?

Anoushka: No, sadly, that wouldn’t work. I’m not sure of a substitute – maybe just sub white chocolate for milk chocolate in another of your favorite fudge recipes instead?

17. Oh wow.. I so admire people who make their own candy. This looks so yummy and festive!!

18. Laura says:

I made this today and I can’t wait to share it! It’s sooooo pretty and I might have to make more… I wonder how it would be if I used semi sweet chocolate chips and made a chocolate version to go with the white?

19. Sara E says:

girl… Anna made these and shared them at our little work Christmas party tonight … soo yum! too bad you weren’t there to personally share them
    Merry Merry Christmas!

20. […] White chocolate peppermint marshmallow fudge from Crepes of Wrath […]

21. Juliana says:

Oh, wow! I just made this for my grandfather for Christmas, and my mother can’t keep her hands out of it! It definitely turned out much browner than yours, though. I had to use regular vanilla (I didn’t have clear), and I’m not sure if I just cooked it too long — the sugars started to caramelize VERY quickly, before it could start boiling. How did you get yours to stay such a light color?

It still tastes delicious, though. :)

Juliana: I’m not sure, actually – I cooked it for a little longer than I would have liked to. I’m sure it was just the vanilla. I’m glad it still tasted good!

22. ~m says:

hi, sydney! i made something very similar based on this recipe on serious eats (http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/12/eggnog-fudge-with-white-chocolate-and-walnuts-recipe.html) – same marshmallow fluff base – and it was delicious. i was looking for variations, and here yours is!

you don’t say if you greased the pan and you clearly didn’t line it… how’d you get the fudge to pop out of the pan at the end?

23. Dee says:

Does anyone know if this keeps well over a few days? I am planning on cooking up a variety of treats for my coworkers over the xmas weekend, and I’m trying to figure out which items can be made Friday and still taste fresh on Monday or Tuesday. It seems like it *should* keep well, as long as I keep it somewhere airtight so it doesn’t dry out. Thoughts?

24. […] White Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Fudge | Crepes of Wrath […]

25. Aeva says:

I made this for my family for Christmas, and while the sugar burned a little bit so it’s not so much white as faintly tanned chocolate peppermint marshmallow fudge – it still turned out AMAZING and now this is my mom’s new favorite holiday treat. So thank you. Merry Christmas!

26. ~m says:

made. ate. loved. shared.

thanks!

27. frosty says:

Made this, gave this, shared this and everywhere it went it was a hit. Soft candy canes, the only way to go. I used red glitter (couldn’t find gold) and it was a beautiful presentation each and every time. Thanks so much for a great recipe that was easy and delicious. Happy New Year!

28. Robyn says:

Tried this today – was going wonderfully until after I added the candy canes. Did a taste test and did not taste very candy cane-like so I looked at the box – my husband bought Starburst strawberry flavored candy canes :(
    I was noticing that my fudge was taking on a light brown color – I am thinking the sugar may have been caramelizing but I am not sure why. Maybe I heated it too quickly? I did not use a non-stick pan – maybe that is the issue. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!!
    Robyn

29. […] Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Fudge 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt 4 tablespoons unsalted butter 1 5 oz. can (2/3 […]

30. Estelle says:

I followed the directions exactly and it never set and just came out weird and liquidy , what could I have done wrong? it is a simple recipe