Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Blondies

We leave for Phoenix early this evening! I can almost feel the warmth of the sun. I am honestly so ready to wear shorts and leave behind my big winter coat. It feels so strange to pack a suitcase and not have to worry about bringing boots and hats and tights and scarves – I love it! Not that I don’t love New York – living here in such a fast-paced city with varying weather is what makes some time spent in Arizona fun. I could never move back, but I’m thrilled to be visiting.

I sent these into work with Kramer and he tells me that they were a big hit. I suppose that shouldn’t be too surprising, considering they contain chopped up Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. I know that these don’t last very long in my house, so why should blondies choc-full of them be any different? I added white chocolate for some contrast, and because I think that blondies should have some kind of white chocolate in them, but if it isn’t your preference, feel free to omit them entirely. The blondies themselves are rich and soft, with just the right amount of chewiness to them. The peanut butter cups melted just a tiny bit during baking, but firm back up as the blondies cool, making each bite of peanut butter and chocolate a pure delight. I love making bars like these because they are so simple – just mix it all together, bake, and cut into squares. That’s all there is to it! Next time you see a bag of Reeses on sale (like I did), definitely pick some up and pop these in the oven!

Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
Combine your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.

Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
Unwrap all of your Reeses.

Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
Chop them up and set aside.

Cube your butter.

Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
Beat it together with the brown sugar until light and fluffy.

Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
Add in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the peanut butter and the vanilla and almond extracts.

Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
Gradually add in the flour, until just moistened.

Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
Fold in your chopped peanut butter cups and your white chocolate chips.

Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
Press the dough into a lined and/or greased baking sheet and bake at 350 degress F for 20 minutes, then cover with foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until set.

Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
Cut into squares and serve!

Serves: 30 blondies

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
  • ½ cup unsalted butter, cubed and room temperature
  • 1½ cups packed brown sugar
  • ⅔ cup peanut butter
  • 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
  • ½ teaspoon almond extract
  • 2 eggs, room temperature
  • 30 Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (about 1 bag), chopped
  • ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line and/or grease a 9x13 pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, at least 3 minutes. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, then the peanut butter, vanilla, and almond extract, until thoroughly incorporated.
  2. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until just moistened - finish this up by hand if necessary so as to not overmix the dough. Fold in the chopped Reeses and the white chocolate chips. This dough is sort of thick, so I found it easiest to press it into my pan with clean hands. Bake for 20 minutes, then cover the top with aluminum foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until set (the foil will ensure that the top doesn't brown too quickly). Allow to cool completely, then cut into squares and serve.

1. Dena says:

you are so bad for my diet

2. I am always excited to see a new blondie recipe that is thick and chewy. Add in anything with chocolate and peanut butter and that is even better! Have a wonderful trip to Arizona!!

3. How can these go wrong? They have all of those wonderful components!

4. Heatherly says:

I love following your blog. You’ve really inspired me to try cooking for myself. I probably try 1 out of every 5 or 6 recipes that you post and I’ve enjoyed them all. Thank you.

5. These look great. I have dark chocolate Reese’s in my apartment right now – this would be a great way to use them up!

6. Alex says:

Just when I finally got on track with my diet, you combine my two favorite things, reeses and blondies.
    Snicker doodle blondies:

7. Jen T says:

Oh man… These are definitely going in the goodie box to my boyfriend for our anniversary next week, he loves Reeses! Seriously Sydney, I was totally set to just send him Snickerdoodles and those Chocolate/Caramel Fleur de Sel cookies from Monday and call it good, now I have to choose (because I’m not sending him three different goodies, no matter how much I like him and his roommates). These look amazing. Slightly serious question, how do you avoid over-mixing stuff when you use a stand mixer? Do you do the last bit of the flour by hand or something? My cookies always spread like mad when I use my mom’s Kitchenaid, it makes me sad…

And have fun in Phoenix! How long are you guys visiting? Have fun wearing your shorts and sandals, my cousin at ASU told me last week it was 75 and sunny!

8. Michelle says:

Wow, these look amazing. I cannot get enough of the chocolate-peanut butter combination. And the idea of soft, chewy blondie with my two favorite flavors is just awesome! Have a great trip. Please bring some sunshine back to NYC, okay?

9. I’ve made these (minus the white choc) and they are amazing! Love your addition of white choc.

Enjoy the sunshine—jealous!

10. g says:

wow…my mouth is literally watering! i don’t suppose i could try and make these without a mixer?

11. Rice Kernel says:

What a dense, moist brownie! The perfect use-up for (dare I tell) leftover Halloween candy. I subbed in cashew butter, because we had a bit leftover and incorporated white whole wheat flour. They were so delicious. Thank you for sharing.

12. OOOH those look FANTASTIC. You don’t get much better than a giant, buttery slab packed with Reese’s and white chocolate chips. Definitely making this soon!

13. Tina from Pa says:

Reese’s cups ,count me in! Have a great time on your getaway! Be safe,we’ll miss you!!!!!!!!!!

14. […] Reese peanut butter cup blondies (!) at Crepes of Wrath […]

15. Hannah says:

My friend and I decided to go on the South Beach Diet before our trip so I thought I should avoid food blogs for a while. But thought I would pop in here, what could go wrong? This post! I am dying right now. If my family finds me passed out by the computer, this is the reason.

16. Phil says:

Unrelated to this specific post, I’m going to be hosting some friends during a festival in a couple of months and wanted to use it as an opportunity to save everyone (including myself) some money. I was going to do a crockpot meal that serves up to 10 people, but realized that more than one person is vegetarian. I’m no stranger to vegetarian dishes, but kind of am when it comes to crock pot veg meals. Do you have any suggestions?

17. eeeeevil. I like the way you think! :) Unwrapping all those Reese’s must’ve been a highlight of the baking session!

18. Juliana says:

Oh! These blondies look yummie, love the idea of cutting the peanut butter cups…have a great week!

19. Have a wonderful time in Arizona!! I love going there because my hair is frizz free there 😉 Haha.

20. Michelle says:

Anything with handfuls of pb cups inside are a hit with us!

21. […] Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Blondies | Crepes of Wrath The peanut butter cups melted just a tiny bit during baking, but firm back up as the blondies cool, making each bite of peanut butter and chocolate a pure delight. I love making bars like these because they are so simple – just mix it all together, bake, and cut into squares. That’s all there is to it! […]

22. Allen says:

I’m starting my third year of college tomorrow, and, as always, I am going to be starting the semester with a few of these in my lunch bag. This is my fifth time making them, and if the batter’s anything to go by, they’re going to be just as delicious as always.

(First three times I followed the recipe exactly; last time I didn’t have a full 2/3 cup of peanut butter, so I substituted in some Nutella, and this time I added a bit more.)