Fresh summer corn is my favorite part about the season. Kramer and I have been going through lots and lots of corn this year, and can you blame us? It’s so sweet and crunchy and the perfect embodiment of all the best parts of summer. It’s always sad when the last of the year’s corn starts to disappear, so before it does, I hope you’ll make this salad! It’s great alongside some chicken or a sandwich, or even on its own. I promise you won’t be able to stop eating spoonfuls of this fresh, bright salad. I love how it can be thrown together in a matter of minutes and is sure to be everyone’s new favorite summer dish.
Mince your shallots.
Toss together with the corn and tomatoes.
Mince your basil and add it to the corn.
Toss with the olive oil, salt, and pepper and serve.
- 4 ears corn, kernels removed
- ⅓ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, washed
- 2 shallots, minced
- 6-7 basil leaves, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove the kernels from the ears of corn. Toss with your tomatoes, minced shallot, minced basil, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Taste and season with salt, pepper, and a bit more olive oil, if desired. Allow to sit for 15 minutes or so, for the flavors to come together. Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up two 2 days.