Simple Summer Corn Salad

Fresh summer corn is my favorite part about the season. Kramer and I have been going through lots and lots of corn this year, and can you blame us? It’s so sweet and crunchy and the perfect embodiment of all the best parts of summer. It’s always sad when the last of the year’s corn starts to disappear, so before it does, I hope you’ll make this salad! It’s great alongside some chicken or a sandwich, or even on its own. I promise you won’t be able to stop eating spoonfuls of this fresh, bright salad. I love how it can be thrown together in a matter of minutes and is sure to be everyone’s new favorite summer dish.

Simple Summer Corn Salad

Simple Summer Corn Salad
Mince your shallots.

Simple Summer Corn Salad
Toss together with the corn and tomatoes.

Simple Summer Corn Salad
Mince your basil and add it to the corn.

Simple Summer Corn Salad
Toss with the olive oil, salt, and pepper and serve.

Simple Summer Corn Salad
Serves: 2-3 (side)

• 4 ears corn, kernels removed
  • ⅓ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, washed
  • 2 shallots, minced
  • 6-7 basil leaves, minced
  • 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  1. Remove the kernels from the ears of corn. Toss with your tomatoes, minced shallot, minced basil, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Taste and season with salt, pepper, and a bit more olive oil, if desired. Allow to sit for 15 minutes or so, for the flavors to come together. Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up two 2 days.

1. This looks simple and delicious. I love recipes like this that are not “mayo-based.”

@Blog is the New Black: You and my husband are alike in that aspect!

@Jane: Oh no! At least the proper diet will probably have you both in fighting form! Maybe he just needs a jump start? I hope you get it figured out soon – best wishes to you and your husband.

@Aarthi: Thank you!

@Russell: You definitely should, before they’re all gone!

2. Jane M says:

Sadly we cannot eat any of this! My husband cannot control his blood sugar after eating, tomatoes, corn, summer fruit – anything SUMMERY! We are so so upset. I told him to call his doctor again – last night we ate bruscetta (no bread of course) and our dinner of meat loaf, chopped celery salad and marinated mushrooms. For dessert we each ate 8 cherries. Hours later he checked his blood and it was if he ate a giant piece of cake – so now what are we left to eat? It’s just so upsetting!!!!!!!

3. I love corn and I love simple. This salad looks perfect for lunch. I will have to pick up some ears of corn while I’m at the store today. Yum!

4. Kita says:

I just recently made a corn salad and loved it. Why had I never done that before? This one looks wonderful with all that fresh corn.

5. Lindsey says:

this looks so summery and perfect. I’ve been dying to make something with all the delicious looking corn I’ve been seeing at the farmer’s market , and this looks perfect!

6. I adore fresh corn and tomatoes in the summertime – this looks amazing!

7. Elizabeth B says:

Salad is great to be served with veggies quiche which you can find on my teenage blog at http://teenage-baking.blogspot.com/
    I’m a 14 year old AND IN LOOOVE WITH BAKING, WRITING, TAKING PICTURES AND ETC.

Btw, thanks for the recipe – love the photography.

8. John W says:

Very tasty and summer-y! I added a bit of red wine vinegar to add a little more flavour.

9. Rhonda says:

I need to make this soon, I had a variation but this looks easier but just as good.