Strawberry Basil Daiquiris

As summer leaves us, I thought it was only fitting to go out with one of the most summery cocktails I could possibly think of: the daiquiri. I made these last week when it was gloomy and rainy in New York City, so I figured that these Strawberry Basil Daiquiris would help cheer Kramer and me right up. I switched things up from a typical daiquiri by adding, of course, the basil, but I also used one of my favorite liqours, St. Germain, in addition to rum, for a mellow sweetness that paired perfectly with the fresh strawberries. There’s nothing quite like sipping on a frozen daiquiri in the dead of summer – it cools you off and makes you care a little less about the sweltering heat. Fall is just around the corner, so I hope that everyone gets a chance to enjoy these last couple weeks of sunshine! It’s a beautiful day in the city, and I certainly plan to make the most of it! On a side note, I want to wish a Happy Birthday to my friend Lindsey over at Little Seed, Big Apple!

Strawberry Basil Daiquiris
Your ingredients, although I didn’t end up using any club soda.

Strawberry Basil Daiquiris
Juice your lime and lemon.

Strawberry Basil Daiquiris
Add your chopped strawberries, basil, lime and lemon juice, sugar, rum, St. Germain, and ice to your blender and pulse until the ice is mostly blended through.

Strawberry Basil DaiquirisStrawberry Basil Daiquiris
Pour into a glass (you can strain it if you like…but I’m lazy and didn’t) and garnish with a fresh strawberry.

Strawberry Basil Daiquiris

Strawberry Basil Daiquiris
Serves: 4 daiquiris

• 10 large fresh strawberries, washed, tops removed, and quartered
  • 6 large basil leaves
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 5 ounces white rum
  • 3 ounces St. Germain
  • 1½ tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2-3 cups of ice
  • 4 strawberries, for garnish
  1. Add your quartered strawberries, basil leaves, lemon juice, lime juice, rum, St. Germain, sugar, and ice to your blender. Pulse until everything is well blended, taste, and add more sugar, ice, or whatever else you think is needed. Strain, if you like (I didn't) into 4 glasses and garnish with a fresh strawberry.

1. Kita says:

What perfect little cocktails. I would have left out the club soda too, I don’t care for bubbles – but I tend to be a quick drinker ;) Love the basil in these.

2. Perfect summer drink, very fitting way to close out summer. Love the droplets of water on the railing in background of first pic. Last weekend was dreary with the rain, but perfect for snoozing and bumming around.

@Chris: Thanks! That’s what rainy days are for, right?

@Lindsey: It is! I love it – I want to blend everything, haha.

@Mom: I know what kind of blender you have – that’s why we got this one!

3. Lindsey says:

did you get a new blender? that color turquoise is seriously my fav! those daiquiris look soo refreshing.

4. Joanne says:

That is the blender that I have, mine is yellow, I love the retro green. Oh, the cocktails look beautiful and delicious!

5. Aarthi says:

This looks perfect…love this drink..Since i don’t drink alcohol i think i can skip that and drink it..What do you think of that…

6. Lindsey says:

thanks so much for the bday wishes :-) <3

7. Jolie says:

Yum! I can’t get enough of that strawberry/basil combo. I recently did a non-alcoholic S/B cooler on my site:
    Looking forward to trying your spiked version! Great blog:)

8. I love the combination of strawberry and basil. And in daiquiri form? Delicious! I will definitely have to give this a try.

9. It’s not quite 9 am and I’m craving a strawberry basil daiquiri. Trouble! I just posted a raspberry daiquiri on my blog, but your frozen one looks beautiful and delicious.

10. […] Tagged as: alcohol , basil , cocktail , daiquiri , drinks , fruit , lemon , lime , party , rum , St. Strawberry Basil Daiquiris | Crepes of Wrath […]

11. ellen says:

I came across this recipe when I googled “Strawberry Basil Daiquiris.” Not only did my college friends declare that they were the best daiquiris they’d ever had, when I made a pitcher for my husband a few days later, we had to rename them Aphrodesiaquiris. Thanks for the great recipe!