Peanut Butter & Oreo Blondies

they belong together

If it doesn’t snow today, and I’ve been freezing half to death all week without even seeing a few pretty snowflakes, I am going to lose my mind. The thermometer in my apartment hasn’t even read a temperature in the past few days; it just says “low”. That means it’s below 45 degrees indoors when I get home from work, which honestly, feels warm compared to the “real feel” of -1 degrees outside. New York is not supposed to be this cold! Mother Nature needs to save this nonsense for Chicago or the Northern Territories. However, despite all of that, Morgan, PJ, Kramer, and I went to see John Mulaney do a one hour set at UCB on Wednesday night. It was completely worth standing in line outdoors for; the guy is hilarious and I was sad to learn that he no longer writes for SNL. Hopefully he’s got a pilot or something TV-related in the works, because he is too funny to not be on television. If you haven’t listened to his album New In Town, I highly, highly recommend doing so. Before UCB, Kramer and I grabbed some sushi nearby at Monster Sushi. Okay, seriously – the place looks like a crappy little chain, but hear me out. We got a platter of tuna belly sashimi, regular tuna sashimi, and king salmon sashimi for $11. It was incredible. I’m going to go back here every time I see a show at UCB. I was totally stuffed and I’m still blown away at the price to quality ratio. After sushi, we met up with Morgan for a few beers at a dumb sports bar (that I chose because I was deceived by the excellent font choice on the signage – maybe I should reconsider how I pick out bars and restaurants), but thankfully the show made up for my having to sit in a room full of dude-bros.

Peanut Butter & Oreo Blondies

If I had only had one or two of these peanut butter blondies while we were waiting in line in the freezing cold, maybe I wouldn’t have been so upset about it. They say that religion is the opiate of the people, but I think that Oreos might be a better comparison. Everyone loves Oreos, and they will shut up, stop arguing and focus on twisting the cookie apart and scraping the icing off one side with the empty half when presented with one. This is what we have all been trained to do, right? I’ve never met anyone that doesn’t like Oreos. People might say they don’t, but go ahead and give them an Oreo and we’ll see who doesn’t like what. They are my favorite pre-packaged cookie, and I bet that they’re yours, too. A natural combination is, of course, Oreos and peanut butter. Remember in the Parent Trap remake when adorable, pre-train wreck Lindsay Lohan and her “twin” discover that they both put peanut butter on their Oreos? I watched that movie as a kid and immediately did the same thing; I’ve been hooked ever since. I’m not typically a big fan of blondies, though – I think that they are kind of boring. These are a different story, though. They are chewy and rich and when you get the perfect bite of Oreo creme + peanut butter, those little receptors will go off in your brain and you will be smiling uncontrollably, I can tell you that much right now. I brought these over to Matt’s house to watch the Golden Globes earlier this month, and I think that everyone had at least two. That’s always a good sign!

Peanut Butter & Oreo Blondies
Say hello to America’s favorite cookie, people.

Peanut Butter & Oreo Blondies
Then crush them up and add them to your dough.

Peanut Butter & Oreo Blondies
Use your hands to press it into a 9×13 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.

Peanut Butter & Oreo Blondies
Until the blondies are golden and set.

Peanut Butter & Oreo Blondies
Yes, please.

4.7 from 9 reviews
Peanut Butter & Oreo Blondies
Author:
Serves: 25-30 blondies

Soft, chewy peanut butter blondies dotted with crunchy Oreo cookies and chopped chocolate.
  • 2½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1½ teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
  • ⅔ cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 2 large eggs, room temperature
  • 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1½ cups roughly crushed Oreos
  • ½ cup chopped chocolate
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together your flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, beat together your brown sugar, granulated sugar, and melted butter. Add in your peanut butter and mix to combine. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add in the vanilla. Gradually add in the flour mixture, mixing until just moistened. The dough will be thick. Fold in the crushed Oreos (my preferred method to crush these it placing them in a sealable plastic bag and then bashing them with a rolling pin - it's fun!) and chopped chocolate.
  3. Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish (and I mean really butter it - you can use parchment paper or foil to line, if you like, but this dough is thick and it makes it hard to spread when you're wrangling paper or foil) and use your hands to press the thick dough into the pan. You may think that the dough is too thick - don't stress out, just listen to me and everything will be okay. Bake for 30 minutes or so, until the blondies are lightly golden and set. Allow these to cool completely before cutting into bars and serving. These will keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.

And don’t forget to check out our new web video for an extra chocolatey fix!

1. I’m crying. These could not look more incredible.

2. Regan says:

OMG! I’m am making these tonight! Cripes….they look good! Thanks!

3. Stacey Evans says:

Sounds like the perfect combination. I wish I had one right now with my morning coffee! You will not believe this one, my Grandmother used to put butter on her Oreos. Not peanut, butter! Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it! Stacey

4. Huge fan of blondies, of PB, and of Oreos. A trifecta made in heaven!

Hope the weather improves for you. As a consolation, in ‘sunny’ San Diego, it’s been raining, cold, miserable and disgusting the entire week. I couldn’t even take 1 photo. No light. So you’re not alone w/ bad weather!

5. These look amazing, Sydney! One of my favorite ice cream flavors is peanut butter-Oreo (:

6. My favorite way to eat an Oreo: With peanut butter slathered on top. Seriously. I need to make these!

7. Megan says:

Whoa. There is absolutely nothing wrong with these. I’m so hungry for them.

8. Elizabeth says:

I need to go onto baking oreos in blondies and cookies. It sounds and looks so delicious!

9. I’ll trade you some snow for a pan of these blondies. That sounds like a fair trade, right? :)

10. Deb says:

Amazing sweet things! A perfect excuse to purchase Oreo’s!

11. These look insanely delicious!

12. I am a blondies junkie, as well as Oreos, as long as they aren’t chocolate (allergic) so these are right up my alley. I’m cool with the cold weather staying away from NYC, as long as it also stays away from Detroit. All I see is snow when I look out the window :( California here I come . . . soon . . . maybe? I love your blog, Sydney and just nominated you for a Liebster Award! Please check out the details on my blog: http://piesandplots.net/vanilla-walnut-shortbread-and-liebster-award/

13. These sound so delicious! I don’t think i’ve ever had peanut butter oreo anything, but now I want to!

14. These look awesome! I love the Oreo and peanut butter combo!

15. Global warming is a real thing.. that’s all I have to say about that. We have either had extreme heat or rain and cold weather this Summer. I want to eat that whole slab. Don’t cut it up.. I’ll just count the slab as one :P

16. On the plus side…with it being so freezing inside and out, just think of all the calories you’re burning to stay warm. AKA, just think how many more of these seriously delicious looking blondies you can eat!

17. Lynna says:

I always love me some peanut butter and oreo! :)

Also, you make me want sushi now. Haha~

18. I’ve always been a bigger fan of blondies than brownies and this seems to take blondies to a whole new level. And great photos, as always!

19. Anna says:

Lindsay Lohan, what the heck?? Hayley Mills!

20. Barbara says:

What kind of Chocolate did you use? Love all your recipes, I have tried many.
    thanks!

21. I love any excuse for me to buy a package of Oreos :) Thank you darling.

22. […] need these peanut butter and oreo brownies in your […]

23. Grumeau says:

Awesome pictures, this looks so delicious. Blondies have not really arrived in France yet, I need to try these. Keep on the great job !

24. Rebekah says:

Made these for the Super Bowl, and they were definitely a hit. My boyfriend had the brilliant idea of topping them with ice cream while they were still warm from the oven. Also, I used Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips instead of chopped chocolate because that was what I had on hand, and I thought they worked well. These will keep “for up to a week”, hahaha, you’re funny. Like anybody has that kind of willpower.

25. Brittany says:

I tried making these last night, and I don’t know where I messed up, but they were hard as a rock this morning. :( The dough looked and smelled so tasty and they looked pretty in the oven but I’m obviously just not a baker.

26. nicola lynde says:

I made these a couple weeks ago and they were amazing!! So chewy and delicious and just about every good thing in the world rolled into one cookie bar. Oh man.
    Thanks for sharing!
    You can check my post out here:

27. Maddie says:

I tried this recipe (i omitted the chocolate) last week for a bake sale and they came out perfect, looking just like the pictures you posted and tasted so yummy! Just wondering what kind of chocolate did you use: semi-sweet, milk chocolate, unsweetened?

28. broma bakery says:

I just tried making these but they barely baked and came out incredibly dry. I would tweak the recipe a bit by using less flour and more butter… I suggest 1 cup butter and 2 cups flour

29. Claire Challenger says: