Hi, humans. I’m Sydney. I’m 26, I live in Brooklyn, and I’m here to cook, bake, eat and tell you about the TV shows I watch. Things might get a little messy. Be cool.
The Crepes of Wrath began in the summer of 2008, when I was on summer break in college and wanted a place to share what I had been making in my little Arizona kitchen. My then-boyfriend and now-husband, Kramer, was very encouraging and, with his help, we set up this site. Now, here we are, old and married, having moved from Mesa, Arizona to Brooklyn, New York, and loving every minute of it. It’s been quite a transition, but the food and ingredients that I’ve been introduced to since our relocation has sparked a passion inside of me that I don’t think will ever burn out.
I started out like most people do when they are first learning to cook: cake mixes, ramen and Shake-N-Bake. Over time, I’ve become more interested in your usual dinner table fare, but with some extra stuff. My recipes generally don’t require expensive ingredients or over the top equipment. But sometimes I find something cool online or at the store and I’ll share that, too. I love food and I’m thrilled that you’ve stopped by so that I can share my love of cooking and baking with you. As you peruse The Crepes of Wrath, you’ll find everything from slow cooker recipes and no-bake desserts to handmade tamales and step-by-step photos for making your own homemade Danishes and croissants, alongside plenty of restaurant recommendations for New York City and its surrounding boroughs. If you’re headed to the city, drop me a line on sydney[at]crepesofwrath[dot]net and I’ll be happy to recommend some spots for you! They’ll probably mostly be in Brooklyn, though, because trying to get a table in Manhattan can be the living worst. I like to keep challenging myself food-wise and photography-wise while still maintaining some semblance of a normal life, and as that’s how most people (try to) live, I hope that you will find everything you need right here to keep your mind at ease and your belly full.
I’m nominated! Please vote for me in the Most Delicious Food category.
Featured on Town & Country:
– A New Fancy Mustard Fit for Lamb Chops
Featured on Food52:
– How to Make Marshmallow Fluff from Scratch
– 1 Box of Graham Crackers, 6 Desserts
– An Armful of Corn
– Mint Juleps
– Grandma’s Butter Tarts
– 8 Food Blog Links We Love (waffle stuffing)
Featured on Urban Outfitters:
– Nom Nom November
Featured on The Kitchn:
– Best Food Photography on a Blog Runner-Up 2013
– Weekend Treat: Samoas Bars
– Beyond Brats: Four Slow Cooker Recipes That Feature Beer
– Stuffed Baguettes & Torres Chocolate Mudslide Cookies
Featured on The Guardian UK:
– Breaking Bad: 12 Ways it Could End
Featured on BuzzFeed:
– 34 Ways To Eat Carrot Cake For Every Meal
– 27 Incredible No-Bake Desserts
– Gorgeous Signature Cocktails In Every Color Of The Rainbow
– 21 Things You Can Eat Out Of A Pumpkin
Featured on Greatist:
– 20 Healthy New Takes on Traditional Latkes
Featured on Gourmet Live:
Gourmet Live Food App Contributor